• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Putting a positive spin on the PDF debacle

Inspired by El Mahdi's post #274 in the closed thread:

In the next couple of days, go to RPGNow.com or Paizo and purchase a pdf. Even if it's just $1 or $2. Everyone has stuff on their wish list. Just pick one and give RPGNow and Paizo a hand.

Right now a lot of people are angry. But also, this move is going to hurt RPGNow.com, probably fairly seriously, and Paizo to a lesser degree, but still some.

So, if you ARE angry, or if you just want to support a company that's a great gaming community resource, please, follow El Mahdi's advice and buy something, even if it is something very very minimal.

What I'd like this thread to become: A "street cred" of people who are supporters of these other companies: post what you bought and who from!

What I'd NOT like to see this thread become: anything related to WotC at all. That is basically just the other thread all over again. This is NOT an attempt to go there.

To mods. I'm not trying to cross any lines here. If you deem that I am, please delete this thread.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
Inspired by El Mahdi's post #274 in the closed thread:

Right now a lot of people are angry. But also, this move is going to hurt RPGNow.com, probably fairly seriously, and Paizo to a lesser degree, but still some.

So, if you ARE angry, or if you just want to support a company that's a great gaming community resource, please, follow El Mahdi's advice and buy something, even if it is something very very minimal.

What I'd like this thread to become: A "street cred" of people who are supporters of these other companies: post what you bought and who from!

What I'd NOT like to see this thread become: anything related to WotC at all. That is basically just the other thread all over again. This is NOT an attempt to go there.

To mods. I'm not trying to cross any lines here. If you deem that I am, please delete this thread.
Luckily wotc decided to do this now as other companies (the rebellion) are launching their big books this year. Green Ronin just launched two really good systems that are dnd lite. Plus pathfinder will be out later this year.

Grymar

Explorer
Good idea. Just picked up the Tomb of Horrors Revised from RPGNow. I've been meaning to do it for ages. I think I'm going to order the Ultimate Toolbox from Paizo too.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
WotC has been engaging in all sorts of sleazy business practices for over 2 years now. Their marketing of 4E and DDI has been insulting, divisive, and disrespectful of fans and previous editions. This pdf debacle is a real doozy, and it's about time we gamers did something about it. Let's take a stand against WotC and boycott them in earnest. Even if you love 4E, you probably have all of the books you need. Anything else can surely be gotten from 3rd party publishers. So let's speak with our wallets and hit them where it hurts.

I'm all for a boycott (and am practicing one) and I agree with everything you said...but let's keep this thread on the positive side (not bring up the WotC) so it doesn't get sidetracked or locked.

Cool? :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads