• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Putting a positive spin on the PDF debacle

CaptainChaos

First Post
Green Ronin put the True20 core rules on sale last night for $9.99 as a thank you to PDF customers. I had it but two of my players picked it up. I decided to say thank you back by picking up Warriors & Warlocks for M&M, which looks pretty sweet.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It might seem a small thing, but it does help EN World when a sale that normally goes to RPGNow/DTRPG goes through the EN World interface of that store, so be sure to consider that option. Apropos of that, I am also extending my Early April Stimulus Sale (75% off), so if there is a small way I can offset some losses due to WotC's recent announcement, and offer some customer savings in the process, then I am glad to do so.

EN World PDF Store - Creative Mountain Games - RPG PDF downloads

Jack7

First Post
There is an old saying in military circles, "never interfere with an opponent determined to destroy himself..."

I'm not so sure that it won't be very, very good for the rest of the fantasy gaming industry to divorce itself more fully from D&D and WOTC. I suspect that as a business practice this should have happened long, long ago, and that it may be extremely fortunate that WOTC is forcing the issue through their business practices because now many competitors have good incentive to make a complete split.

To become innovative in a radically new and productive way. To relieve themselves of the D&D model and instead pursue better potentials. D&D was like the "first production model Ford." That does not mean it should be confused with being either the best automobile, or with what an automobile should naturally be like.

And as for me I'll be buying, in the future, from everyone but WOTC.

And I suspect that will not only improve innovation, creativity, and experimentation away from the "tied at the hip to the D&D model" evident in so many other companies, it will also help support companies with a better vision of the future.

Let the most innovative thrive and let those so determined die by their own hands.

That's the way real progress happens.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Pathfinder just found a hardback purchase in August*, even if I never do run the thing.

* assuming the final version isn't utter crap.

GodDelusion

First Post
I canceled my DDI subscription. I have been trying to give 4e a go because I run a group of 12-year old kids that are just getting into D&D and 4e is the current edition (and it will be easier for the kids to find games at Gen Con). However, I'm tired of all the BS and just don't feel like giving WotC any more money. So, beginning Friday, I'm branching the kids out into other venues, mainly Pathfinder. My adult group has been running 3.5 and will continue to do so, unless we decide to move to Pathfinder as well.

To support the effort, I purchased a subscription to the Pathfinder Adventure Path for me and I'm running a Paranoia XP one-off for the kids this Friday night.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Paizo Publishing greatly appreciates customers of our PDF titles. Accordingly, we have just announced a 35% off sale on all Paizo PDFs through the end of April.

We hope this discount allows existing Paizo fans and those who have been curious about our products the opportunity to check out some of our electronic books at an all-time low price. We wouldn't exist if not for customers like you, and now it's easier than ever to take a look at our entire catalog and see if Paizo is a good match for your future gaming needs.

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

GodDelusion

First Post
Sweet Eric! I just purchased the Adventure Path ongoing subscription and will use your discount to pick up the first adventure in the current path (Legacy of Fire) in PDF! War Paizo!

Instead of running Age of Worms in Fantasy Grounds, I'm going to convert Legacy of Fire and run this instead.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads