• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Putting a positive spin on the PDF debacle

fissionessence

First Post
As an aspiring pdf publisher through OneBookShelf, I certainly hope this doesn't cause too detrimental an effect.

I bought:
Buck-A-Batch Magic Potions
Critter Cache 4: Fey Folk
Hard Boiled Armies for D&D 4E

All things that had been on my wish list. It may not be the 'cool' thing to purchase 4E products, but hey, that's the game I play ;)

~ fissionessence

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I loves me some Paizo. I have subscriptions to Pathfinder, the Chronicles and the Companions. Last year you guys ended up getting about 75% of my GenCon dealer hall budget, and if you keep producing cool toys that I must have then I suspect you'll get most of this year's dealer hall budget too. :D

Let me just stress that I love having Pathfinder books in print and pdf for one low subscription price. I can have the books to read for fun, and the pdfs for running my game from my laptop.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
I bought 4 items from Brave Halfling publishing on RPGNow. Which brings my collection to all that they have made for Labyrinth Lord/ Moldvay/Cook D&D /BFRPG to all of it. Great stuff.

I have never bought PDF's from WOTC because they were a RIP-OFF!!

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I bought EZ Dungeons Deluxe by Fat Dragon games last week.

My only complaint is that it is so darn addicting!

I made 3-D dungeons until I ran out of cardstock at 1AM. I seriously considered driving to the 24hr "big box store" to buy more!

I highly recommend the product.:D

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Sweet Eric! I just purchased the Adventure Path ongoing subscription and will use your discount to pick up the first adventure in the current path (Legacy of Fire) in PDF! War Paizo!

Instead of running Age of Worms in Fantasy Grounds, I'm going to convert Legacy of Fire and run this instead.

You are in good hands either way, as the starting module for both of those Adventure Paths was written by our very best author. :)

--Erik

EP

First Post
As a 3pp supporting 4e, this whole thing is very concerning. Consumers swearing off WotC means swearing off their latest edition and that threatens the sale of any upcoming products we have coming out. As this is now the third time one of their decisions has potentially affected my own products, I am starting to wonder about my own loyalties.

As it stands, I picked up some much needed stock art that I've been putting off on (buying them now than when some projects are ready) and took advantage of the free PDF copy of Exalted too.

catsclaw227

First Post
I just went on RPGNow (using the EnWorld store) and bought:

Critter Cache 4: Fey Folk
Hard Boiled Armies for D&D 4E
e-Adventure Tiles: Weekly 3
War of the Burning Sky 4e Subscription

Supporting the 3PPs with my wallet.

catsclaw227

First Post
Maybe I'll get back on the Paizo wagon again... The new PDF deal sounds pretty good.

The things is.... I don't really want to play 3.5 right now. But perhaps I can convert the new Pathfinder AP to 4e.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Maybe I'll get back on the Paizo wagon again... The new PDF deal sounds pretty good.

The things is.... I don't really want to play 3.5 right now. But perhaps I can convert the new Pathfinder AP to 4e.

A lot of folks are telling us that conversion is relatively simple.

I suggest this thread and this blog by one of the biggest 4e boosters in the Paizo.com community for some excellent suggestions on how to convert the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path to fourth edition.

--Erik

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads