• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Questions Regarding Bo9S Maneuvers

Dragonwriter

First Post
Another question, please! I can't seem to find the section on this, but can multiple martial maneuvers be used per round such as when the target provokes an attack of opportunity. Basically, what I'm asking is if I should be treating martial maneuvers like a spell or like a feat which grants special attacks?

Most maneuvers cannot be used on an AoO because the maneuvers themselves are Standard actions. AoO is just an attack (not considered an actual action). (If you want to HR that, be my guest, but it will most certainly affect the power level.)

As for using multiple maneuvers per round, it depends on the initiation time of each. For example, you could use up to three maneuvers if one is Swift, one is Move and one is Standard. More likely, you use 1 per round (especially with Crusader, since they have few Swift maneuvers). For the multiple maneuvers per round, Swordsage is generally the most-capable, though you will find yourself needing to refresh or Adaptive Style your maneuvers regularly.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
The only maneuvers you could use on an AoO would be immediate action counters. For example, Lightning Recovery, to reroll the attack roll. All other maneuver types are standard, move, or swift actions and couldn't be used out of turn unless you readied an action to do so.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads