Quick draw?

Someguy

First Post
You draw a weapon as a free action...so if you are disamred, switching weapons, or when you ESPECIALLY are using thrwoing weapons with multple attacks, you can swtich...it doesn't take up move equiv action. So you could switch a weapon, and still sue all of your attacks if you have multiple attacks.

Bastoche

First Post
Full attack action when beginning the fight within melee range. Using a reach weapon for one or few rounds. Fighting giants with a combination of reach (or ranged) weapon and close quater weapons. To fight with style. Being an unarmed warrior who might need a weapon. To shoot ranged weapon at escapees. For a spellcaster that uses a shield. Etc. Etc. Etc. IMO it's a must have for most if not all characters.

There is other more original althought more debatable uses for it:

potions, wands, or any other one-use item or items you don't use everyround.

keep in mind that droping something to the ground is also a free action.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
trentonjoe said:
You DO NOT need it to fire muliple bow shots in a round right?

No, drawing ammunition (arrows, bolts, sling bullets) is part of your attack action.

Drawing a weapon (sword, dagger, shuriken, etc.) is a move equivalent action unless you have Quickdraw.

dvvega

Explorer
For bows etc, quickdraw allows you to get the weapon out of it's quiver quickly and read to shoot immediately.

Think of an archer with a Quiver of Ehlonna, not carrying the bow in hand. Quickdraw allows the bow to be out and drawn that very round for a full attack option.

Another benefit is that you don't need a move equivalent action to draw the weapon. Even with a BAB +1 you still have to use a move equivalent action to draw your weapon (in this case you can draw one weapon as part of the move equivalent action).

Quickdraw allows you to draw two weapons in the time it takes to draw one OR draw one as a Free Action.

Rashak Mani

First Post
MOST IMPORTANT REASON:

6th level Fighters or higher have 2 or more attacks when they make a full round attack ... so quickdraw allows you to make 2 attacks instead of only 1 on that first round if the enemy has already closed in...

Its mostly to avoid losing time with drawing weapons and so forth... but if you move more than 5' it makes no difference in only melee combat. Throwing is like they said... you get more stuff to throw into your hand as a free action

Nareau

Explorer
Can Heward's HH take the place of Quickdraw?

I know you can't put pointy things in HHH, but what about slings, bows, and vials of Alchemist's Fire?

If I put my bow in the HHH, I should be able to retrieve it as a Free Action, then take a full-attack action to fire multiple times. Is that right?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Re: Can Heward's HH take the place of Quickdraw?

In many cases, HHH can take the place of Quickdraw. Also, HHH allow you to take non-weapon equipments such as Scrolls and thus very useful. Still, there are things do not fit in HHH, pointy things, blades and Maul of Titans (too heavy!).

Remove ads