R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

"Of course not. Sit down, join us. Would you like something?" Fimble acts as friendly as possible, trying not to display the weariness which is sure to be eating at him after sitting at that table all day.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

"No need, the service here is excellent." Fimble waves his hand in the air and a waitress comes to him. "A pot of tea for me and my associates, please? Jasmine would be nice, or whatever you suggest will be equally as enjoyable, I'm sure," he requests with a wink. As she walks away, his expression turns more serious. He looks to Drezel. "Now that you've had some time to mull it over, what can you tell us, brother?"

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel smiles at Fimble's command of the situation. "Yes, well, as I mentioned I did have a strange character visit me. His name was Noah. Tall, skinny fellow. He requested his payment in gemstones, not coin. He mentioned something about having to travel light as the reason."

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel looks around at the blank faces of his audience. "Yes, well, if that is all, I will take my leave of you." The gnome climbs down from the stool, gathers his hat, and turns toward the exit. He takes one step before turning his head back to the table. "One more thing, he had a peculiar odor about him, not pleasant."

With that, Drezel heads toward the street.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

OOC: Ack, wait, I missed one day, give us a break! =P Can we rewind the conversation just a bit? If not, just ignore the following:
Dungannon said:
Drezel smiles at Fimble's command of the situation. "Yes, well, as I mentioned I did have a strange character visit me. His name was Noah. Tall, skinny fellow. He requested his payment in gemstones, not coin. He mentioned something about having to travel light as the reason."
Fimble scratches his goatee. "A human, I suppose? What was exactly was he selling? Surely something strange, else you wouldn't have come all the way here to tell us about it." Fimble looks as interested as he can without seeming overeager.

wmasters

First Post
Metrius stands, "Drezel, calm down my friend. I appreciate you are in a rush, but please, the tea is not even delivered yet, and what you have to say is worth consideration. Is there anything more you can tell us about this man? What were you paying him for?"

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel pauses as Fimble and Metrius come alive. "Strange? No, not really. He was just selling ordinary items, stuff that would be considered family heirlooms and such. I must say I've already sold just about everything I bought from him."

ooc: just making sure you're still paying attention. :p

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Fimble looks impressed. "Wow, already? I didn't realize there was such a fast turnover in antique shops. You must do excellent business. But this Noah fellow, what exactly set him apart from any other seller you deal with? I imagine an antique shop attracts some rather strange people, and certainly people trying to con you, Drezel. What's so different about Noah?"

Dungannon

First Post
Drezel offers a sheepish smile at Fimble. "Well, like I said before. He didn't even try to negotiate on the price. In my business that's about the rarest thing you can see. When I told him he'd have to wait a day for his gemstones he seemed very disappointed, but again he didn't dicker. His entire demeanor was one of impatience."

Remove ads