• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Eberron *Update - Couple of folks have it - Ask questions here*

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Solarious said:
Whoa, back up there. The agents of the Dreaming Dark is trying to stagnate Eberron's societies in order to destroy the Dreaming Dark?

Am I missing something here?

I believe that Keith said that they want to stagnate Eberron's societies so that the current age of Dal Quor doesn't end and royally screw them all. In other words, if Eberron is nice and placid, so will Dal Quor, and no change will happen, ever. Theoretically. I think. I'll have to look at the book some more.

Brad

Edit: And that darn Pants beat me to it!

Glyfair

Explorer
One of the tactical feats I like give shifters the ability to make a single attack as an immediate action whenever they fail a will save.

Kesh

First Post
I have got to get this book. I hope it made it to the islands on time, or I'll be antsy for weeks! n.n

Egres

First Post
Please, please, could anyone post more info about the Cabinet Trickster's doppelganger powers and similar things?

Thanks in advance. :)

Gez

First Post
Darkness said:
They only get the benefit if they can prepare the spell (e.g., Arcane Preparation). Otherwise, they can't learn it.

Here's my first house-rule: spontaneous spellcasters benefit permanently from mindset spells they know, however a mindset spell takes up two Spell Known slots.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Solarious said:
what exactly do all those wonderful (and insidious) nightmare-based powers of the Quori exactly do? They sound perfect for the character I'm developing. :]
Disturbing touch (Su): Touch target and it takes damage and is shaken on a failed save. Spend PPs for greater effect. Higher levels also increase the effect a little.

Nightmare Shroud (Su): Expend psionic focus to get an ectoplasmic shroud that grants you a bonus on Intimidate as well as a deflection bonus on AC. Spend PPs to also get concealment (20% miss chance).

Nightmare Touch (Su): Disturbing Touch improves, now also causing a nightmare if the target fails its save. Spend PPs for greater effect.

Terror (Ps): Phantasmal killer 1/day. If you spend PPs, you can use it more often.

Embodiment of Nightmare (Sp): Kill people with your Disturbing Touch 1/day (or cause damage on a successful save). If you spend PPs, you can use it more often.
BTW, I suspect 'Sp' might be an error and should read 'Ps' or 'Su' instead...?

Egres said:
Please, please, could anyone post more info about the Cabinet Trickster's doppelganger powers and similar things?

Thanks in advance. :)
5 level class, BTW.

They get:

Doppelganger insights. I.e., their racial skill bonuses increase.

Bonus feats. Limited to changeling-only and social ones.

Detect thoughts. At 1st level, they can use it 2/day but it improves over the levels until they can use it at will.

Thought tricks. By expending a daily use of detect thoughts (or for free, if you're currently reading the thoughts of the target), they can instead do nasty things to the target. The first thought trick they learn is daze, but they later also get disrupt (spellcasting or Concentration), confuse, and stun. By the way, none of these powers can be used on a target with more HD than the changeling's character level.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Gez said:
Here's my first house-rule: spontaneous spellcasters benefit permanently from mindset spells they know, however a mindset spell takes up two Spell Known slots.
So how do they learn it? I know that you changed spellcasters IYC - do they sometimes get more than 1 spell known of a given spell level at once? If not, how do they do it - spend higher-level spells known? Or can they only learn it when they get to swap a spell known for another one?

Gez

First Post
They can:
  1. Have them at creation time.
  2. Wait with an unused spell known slot until the get the next spell known slot of this level.
  3. Do the swap thingie.
  4. Use the Extra Spell feat to spead up #2.

Kyamsil

First Post
I hoped for more kalashtar stuff in the book. Also, how is it that if Psion is their preferred class almost all the psionic goodies are geared to Soulknives?

What do the 2 new psionic powers do?

Gestalt Anchor and Strength of Two are the only 2 non-soulknife psionic feats in the book. Are they worth taking?

From your point of view, could the Atavist be tweaked so it could give manifester levels instead of unarmed strike/mindblade progression?

Thanks in advance.

Gez

First Post
[url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050408b&page=5]Other Races: Drow[/url] said:
Beliefs: The drow in Eberron differ from those in other D&D campaigns in that they worship a scorpion-god named Vulkoor instead of the spider-goddess Lolth. Vulkoor is often envisioned as a giant scorpion or as a hybrid with the head, arms, and upper torso of a strong male drow and the lower body of a scorpion.

OMG! That's completely radically totally different! I'm blown away by this originality! Who would have thunk it? That changes everything!

Now, in order to really be completely different from the stale, boring drow there are everywhere else, they need to have, get it, an agressively patriarchal culture!

That would be soooo cool.

PS: I learned that the next campaign setting will have even kewler drowsies. There, drow will worship, wait for it, centipedes, and they'll have a hermaphroditic deity that'll be seen as either a giant centipede or a tauric centipede/herma drow hybrid!!! Aren't you overflowing with excitation?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads