D&D 5E Radiant Citadel Free Preview On D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a free promotional supplement for Journeys Through The Radiant Citadel. It contains noteworthy sites, information on life in the citadel, and details about some of its groups and defenses.

The Radiant Citadel is a city that serves as a bastion of hope for the weary and the displaced. Adventurers journey here to rest between quests and to learn from peoples that have moved here from across the multiverse. Now you can bring the Radiant Citadel to your table by unlocking the first chapter of Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel at no cost!

This claim unlocks the contents of this promotional supplement for use with D&D Beyond, including the supplement in digital format in the game compendium and in the searchable listings, character builder, encounters, and digital sheet.

09D3BF95-7368-4664-9754-5DDF859B696C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

We finally have the list of the 15 known founding civilizations and their Dawn Incarnates and their Condcord Jewel's gemstone type. Any guesses on what civilization is inspired by what real world culture?

So far I believe Akharin Sangar is based on Iran (and I read somewhere ancient Sumaria) and Godsbreath is based on the American South. I think Tayyid is based on the Mungal Dynasty and its preceeding dynasty (very curious how that translates to D&D).

We know 3 are based on east Asian Cultures that are connected to each other via Dragon siblings.

Civilization Dawn Incarnate

1. Akharin Sangar Turquoise Lion

2. Atagua Yellow Quartz Kapok Tree

3. Dayawlongon Serpentine BanyanTree

4. Djaynai Water Opal Saltwater Salamander

5. Godsbreath Jasper Pecan Tree

6. San Citlán Fire Opal Xoloitzcuintle

7. Sensa Amber Scorpion

8. Shankhabhumi Moonstone Water Lily

9. Siabsungkoh Ruby Pangolin

10. Tayyib Sard Elephant

11. Tletepec Obsidian Eagle

12. Umizu Pearl Carp

13. Yeonido Amethyst Tiger

14 Yongjing White Jade Flowering Pear Tree

15. Zinda Bastite Caiman
Tletepec and San Citlan are both Mesoamerican themed. Their gems + their incarnates are heavily inspired by that region, and the names are a dead give away.

San Citlan sounds like a maybe post-colonial Mesoamerica. Tletepec is def an classic or post-classic Mesoamerican civilization.

Tletepec and San Citlan are both Mesoamerican themed. Their gems + their incarnates are heavily inspired by that region, and the names are a dead give away.

San Citlan sounds like a maybe post-colonial Mesoamerica. Tletepec is def an classic or post-classic Mesoamerican civilization.

I'm thinking San Citlan is the one based on Northern Mexico, which sugguests Tletepec might be the Venesuala one.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
kimchi tacos! How glorious.

I was a bit iffy about having a civilisation in the Deep Ethereal, since I like my ethereal to be mysterious ephemera. However I do appreciate they have acknowledged the surreal surroundings in the write up and the Keening Gloom.

The Concord Jewels sound like Spelljammers though and planeshifting make it sound more like an MtG setting - which isnt necessarily bad

I like Sholeh being a dragon who has set up a UN Utopia

kimchi tacos! How glorious.

I was a bit iffy about having a civilisation in the Deep Ethereal, since I like my ethereal to be mysterious ephemera. However I do appreciate they have acknowledged the surreal surroundings in the write up and the Keening Gloom.

The Concord Jewels sound like Spelljammers though and planeshifting make it sound more like an MtG setting - which isnt necessarily bad

I like Sholeh being a dragon who has set up a UN Utopia

Radiant Citadel + Spelljammer = D&D Fantasy Star Trek?

So far I believe Akharin Sangar is based on Iran (and I read somewhere ancient Sumaria) and Godsbreath is based on the American South. I think Tayyid is based on the Mungal Dynasty and its preceeding dynasty (very curious how that translates to D&D).

The "preceding dynasty" for the Mughals would presumably be the Sultanate of Delhi, which had three dynasties, although it was one continual state.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases