D&D 5E Radiant Citadel Free Preview On D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a free promotional supplement for Journeys Through The Radiant Citadel. It contains noteworthy sites, information on life in the citadel, and details about some of its groups and defenses. The Radiant Citadel is a city that serves as a bastion of hope for the weary and the displaced. Adventurers journey here to rest between quests and to learn...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a free promotional supplement for Journeys Through The Radiant Citadel. It contains noteworthy sites, information on life in the citadel, and details about some of its groups and defenses.

The Radiant Citadel is a city that serves as a bastion of hope for the weary and the displaced. Adventurers journey here to rest between quests and to learn from peoples that have moved here from across the multiverse. Now you can bring the Radiant Citadel to your table by unlocking the first chapter of Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel at no cost!

This claim unlocks the contents of this promotional supplement for use with D&D Beyond, including the supplement in digital format in the game compendium and in the searchable listings, character builder, encounters, and digital sheet.

09D3BF95-7368-4664-9754-5DDF859B696C.jpeg

Is the First World a Feywild-type place here, or is that strictly Pathfinder lore? Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with Radiant Citadel previews, and I’m just curious
My understanding is that the "First World" in current D&D lore is/was the "original" Material Plane world and all/most other Material Plane worlds (Toril, Oerth, Eberron, etc.) are pale reflections of that original, which kind of parallels the general conceit of Pathfinder's First World without leaning as heavily into the fey angle.

Also very FFXIV, on a number of levels...

Last edited:

My understanding is that the "First World" in current D&D lore is/was the "original" Material Plane world and all/most other Material Plane worlds (Toril, Oerth, Eberron, etc.) are pale reflections of that original, which kind of parallels the general conceit of Pathfinder's First World without leaning as heavily into the fey angle.

Also very FFXIV, on a number of levels...
Cheers, thanks for this.

Also, can you point me to a D&D primary source on this? Or is it just the upcoming Radiant Citadel book? I wish to learn more.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Cheers, thanks for this.

Also, can you point me to a D&D primary source on this? Or is it just the upcoming Radiant Citadel book? I wish to learn more.
I have a thread that covers most of what we currently know about the First World. You can check it out if you want a summary of what's been said in 5e about it so far, and what unanswered questions we have about it. Its only mentions in the books so far are in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and the upcoming Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel.

Thanks gang!

I’m looking back to when we first learned the words “Far Realm” in the 3E days, and now it’s become a dominant part certain aspects of D&D lore. I wonder if “The First World” will become the same

Remove ads

Remove ads