RAGE OF DEMONS Has A Trailer!

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

[video=youtube;k26idR0QYAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26idR0QYAY[/video]

Zaukrie

New Publisher
except if it is also for the video game, still too much of not who you play there either. There are lots of ways to show a group, totally ignored here.

Remathilis

Legend
Well, there is budgetary concerns. Animating one character (even with flowing hair and a cloak) is MUCH easier (and less expensive) than a group of four or five moderately complex models. Especially since the important (and already enormously complex) part is the animation of the various lords themselves. And WotC is NOT a video-game design studio; they had to pay an independent animator (or firm) for this. Two minutes of animation is fairly expensive; I'm sure the cost of creating and animating four or more nameless PCs (along with the more complex script to showcase them) made using just Drizzt seem like an economical choice.

But please, do continue to rage on about how Drizzt ruined everything.

Well, there is budgetary concerns. Animating one character (even with flowing hair and a cloak) is MUCH easier (and less expensive) than a group of four or five moderately complex models. Especially since the important (and already enormously complex) part is the animation of the various lords themselves. And WotC is NOT a video-game design studio; they had to pay an independent animator (or firm) for this. Two minutes of animation is fairly expensive; I'm sure the cost of creating and animating four or more nameless PCs (along with the more complex script to showcase them) made using just Drizzt seem like an economical choice.

But please, do continue to rage on about how Drizzt ruined everything.

I regret only that I can give but 1 xp to this.

I totally want to do a comic strip set 10 seconds after the trailer ends, with Drizzt landing. Face first.

I mean, c'mon, that was a suicide leap if there ever was one. Even if he hits Demogorgon, several dozen feat above the ground and near his jaws is not where you want to have that fight...

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
I think this is going to be the classic fear of FR campaigns flipped on its head, instead of Drizzt (or insert other NPC here) coming in to save the party, the party is going to have to save Drizzt, and I'm ok with that.

pukunui

Legend
I think this is going to be the classic fear of FR campaigns flipped on its head, instead of Drizzt (or insert other NPC here) coming in to save the party, the party is going to have to save Drizzt, and I'm ok with that.
Maybe the PCs will even have to fight him when he turns on them in his madness.

dalisprime

Explorer
Don't know if any of you watched Acquisitions Inc. but that's pretty much what happened there - mad drizzit o'durden appears out of nowhere lays some pain onto the team because of madness and is then freed from its effects.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads