RAGE OF DEMONS Has A Trailer!

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

[video=youtube;k26idR0QYAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26idR0QYAY[/video]

delericho

Legend
And WotC is NOT a video-game design studio; they had to pay an independent animator (or firm) for this. Two minutes of animation is fairly expensive; I'm sure the cost of creating and animating four or more nameless PCs (along with the more complex script to showcase them) made using just Drizzt seem like an economical choice.

Unless things have changed, they have a deal with a Chinese video-game company to "fully detail the Realms". (See the last paragraph before "When will we learn more".)

That doesn't change any of the costs involved, of course.

unnatural 20

Explorer
Well, there is budgetary concerns. Animating one character (even with flowing hair and a cloak) is MUCH easier (and less expensive) than a group of four or five moderately complex models. Especially since the important (and already enormously complex) part is the animation of the various lords themselves. And WotC is NOT a video-game design studio; they had to pay an independent animator (or firm) for this. Two minutes of animation is fairly expensive; I'm sure the cost of creating and animating four or more nameless PCs (along with the more complex script to showcase them) made using just Drizzt seem like an economical choice.

But please, do continue to rage on about how Drizzt ruined everything.

The voice of reason! It was a d&d trailer and it was awesome!

Out of curiosity, I wonder what sort of costs are involved..

Osgood

Adventurer
I hate Drizzt as much as the next guy, but he does have his uses... TPK because the party rushed to face Tiamat/Orcus/Demogorgon/Prince of Elemental Evil before completing the rest of the adventure? Just before their spirits are wisked off to the afterlife they see a dark elf ranger swoop in silent as death and fell the beast with two hits from his scimitars... Afterward he and Elminster high five and bang the PCs' moms to celebrate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Uchawi

First Post
Driz'zt is a drow king, he can do anything. That aside, the mind flayers were the most interesting aspect of the trailer. The fungus queen was kind of a let down when looking at other art portraying her. The demons I am interested in are Zuggtmoy, Jubilex, and Demogorgon. The remainder can be a side show for all I care. I have no interest in Orcus.

dracomilan

Explorer
I totally want to do a comic strip set 10 seconds after the trailer ends, with Drizzt landing. Face first.

I mean, c'mon, that was a suicide leap if there ever was one. Even if he hits Demogorgon, several dozen feat above the ground and near his jaws is not where you want to have that fight...

Drizzt is still so 4e...

Dargrimm

First Post
I can't believe why everyone seems to hate Drizzt. You haven't had a single look at the adventure yet but because Drizzt appears in it (even if no one knows yet how big an appearance he will have) everything is ruined. Sorry but I just can't get it.

It was a pretty nice trailer and I'm looking forward to both the game and the adventure.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads