RAGE OF DEMONS Has A Trailer!

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

[video=youtube;k26idR0QYAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26idR0QYAY[/video]

Me 5 minutes ago: Another generic marketing trailer for the storyline. Ho hum.
Me now: holy poo... That was pretty cool. The ilithids wetre scary and we saw some neat stuff with the demon lords. And it struck me that Drizzt wasn't entirely sane at the end.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Apparently he is pretty minor in the book and can be removed if wanted. As the PCs are the stars there.

Which is cool, I'd just keep him out all together. I just don't like the idea I've seen in other FR stuff in the past where some reason is given why Elminster isn't there to do it or things along those lines.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Ya, I don't hate him like some others, but that was way too much of him, and not the players.

Out of curiosity, how would a trailer focus on the players? No matter what they do, don't they need a player substitute in the trailer? I ask because that's how I see Drizzt in the trailer, as a stand-in for a player's PC.

Remathilis

Legend
Okay, we know that there are Eight Demon Lords in the Rage of Demons storyline. I really don't think the PCs are expected to find, fight, and win against all eight of them. Ergo, I think the storyline is being divided up against the various mass media. For example:

* PCs in OotA will win battles against Zuggtmoy, Orcus, and Juliblex
* Players of Neverwinter will face Baphomet and Yeenoghu
* Sword Coast Legends Players will face Graz'zt and Fraz Ur'Blu
* And Drizzt will face Demogorgon solo in the Archmage novel.

(Final division subject to change).

That way, everyone experiences a part of the RoD story from a different angle. While you're stopping Orcus from controlling an Elder Brain, Drizzt will be fighting Demogorgon in Menzobarrazan at the same time. You're both being heroes, you're both being awesome. You only know of Drizzt's struggles directly if you read the novel though.

I might be wrong, but that's how I THINK it will play out.

pukunui

Legend
Orcus creating a bunch of illithiliches by corrupting their elder brain was by far the best part!

As for Drizzt, I recall the buzz being that he might end up needing saving from himself or something because he succumbs to the madness himself.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases