RAGE OF DEMONS Has A Trailer!

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

At PAX Prime this week, the trailer below was shown. "Dare to Descend! Demon Lords have invaded the Underdark. Get a glimpse of what's in store for the Forgotten Realms with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legend, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories".

[video=youtube;k26idR0QYAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26idR0QYAY[/video]

Henry

Autoexreginated
Hell, I'd watch it. I'm pretty done on hope to see a D&D movie with a strong plot and great characters in my lifetime, anyway.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
A movie made in this level of quality with these characters - I would watch, buy and rejoice!

Many games have incredibly engaging cinematics - I know the costs are high (and the return, much less than a successful video game) but those always make me a bit sad we don't have a "low quality"/high output (B-series animation if you will) market like some asian regions have for B-series action movies.

Like the animated Hellboy movies... man those were cool. On the bright side - the Justice League franchise (Batman in particular) seems to be doing ok in this kind of format, if we can judge by the quantity of movies that are produced, that is.

D&D would be an excellent IP for these kinds of productions! (Well, for me they would be - don't know that many others would shell out $ for them...)

MoutonRustique

Explorer
I heard this so many times from Warhammer diehards when the hype train was rolling for Ultramarines.
The Warhammer movie was just ... not a Warhammer movie in many ways - the whole point of it is skirmish, war and such. And then you get... an "horror"/exploration/low-intensity kind of thing?

I found it very cool and enjoyable - but that movie is not what I think about when I hear "WH40K". It felt like they were like : "Yeah, let's give it a twist!" Which can be a good thing... but then again, giving the people "what they want" is probably the better strategy when it's the first time! (i.e. see use of FR as a setting and Drizz't and etc)

Sage Genesis

First Post
Hmm. If I didn't already know what Rage of Demons was, this trailer wouldn't have really made it clear what it was. I would have probably thought it was about a new video game franchise with some dated cutscene graphics.

The various noises and whisperings drowned out the narration sometimes.

So all in all not very impressed. Many individual elements are decent but they've been a bit clumsily put together. It works well for building excitement amongst people who were already excited for RoD, but for anyone else it's a jumble of sensory impressions with very little context.

Paraxis

Explorer
Hmm. If I didn't already know what Rage of Demons was, this trailer wouldn't have really made it clear what it was. I would have probably thought it was about a new video game franchise with some dated cutscene graphics.

The various noises and whisperings drowned out the narration sometimes.

So all in all not very impressed. Many individual elements are decent but they've been a bit clumsily put together. It works well for building excitement amongst people who were already excited for RoD, but for anyone else it's a jumble of sensory impressions with very little context.

But that is what the trailer is for.

Rage of Demons is a crossover multimedia event, this is a trailer for an expansion for the Neverwinter MMO just as much or more than a trailer for the new adventure for tabletop D&D.

Sage Genesis

First Post
But that is what the trailer is for.

Rage of Demons is a crossover multimedia event, this is a trailer for an expansion for the Neverwinter MMO just as much or more than a trailer for the new adventure for tabletop D&D.

Yeah but my point is that that isn't very clear to anyone who doesn't already know these things.

ZE_Lumis

Villager
I like having a vision of some of these things that either have very few pieces of art or no real art to begin with.

Also is that Ioulaum?!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads