• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Rage of Demons more details.

Mirtek

Hero
Added on Gromph the most powerful Drow in Menzobaranzan is the only one piror to 5e that was above level 20
Actually he wasn't the only one. He's not even the strongest one.

The thing is that due to bounded accuracy and Demo's stat likely being below CR 25, any attempt to play out at the table what the novel is certainly going to describe will end with a dead demogorgon in a few rounds.

It's like the "200 level 1 archers vs. a dragon" thread at the WotC boards, except the 200 archers are now all level 10+ armed with magic weapons

The game stats will not be matching his lore in 5e

They don't have access to magic bows however. And they can't give all of their elites magic items.
Actually the can. They are mass producing magic weapons again for years when RoD takes place

Last edited:

Actually he wasn't the only one. He's not even the strongest one.

The thing is that due to bounded accuracy and Demo's stat likely being below CR 25, any attempt to play out at the table what the novel is certainly going to describe will end with a dead demogorgon in a few rounds.

It's like the "200 level 1 archers vs. a dragon" thread at the WotC boards, except the 200 archers are now all level 10+ armed with magic weapons

The game stats will not be matching his lore in 5e

Actually the can. They are mass producing magic weapons again for years when RoD takes place

Demogorgon I can confirm is not below CR 25. And the 200 Archers are not 10 + and only 5 of them have magic bows.

The Melee kind of weapons like swords are being made. Those are the ones they have access to.

Also Gromph is the strongest Drow in Menzobaranzan and was the only living Drow in the city post 20.

Going to bed don't have time or energy to debate any further right now.

Mirtek

Hero
Demogorgon I can confirm is not below CR 25.
Have you seen the book? It's hard to believe he would be higher than Tiamat (or that they would cap actual deities at 25 when they now go higher than that)
And the 200 Archers are not 10 + and only 5 of them have magic bows.
In Menzoberranzan?
The Melee kind of weapons like swords are being made. Those are the ones they have access to.
They're making all kind of weapons, including bolts and arrows. Their master artisans are even churning out artifacts.
Also Gromph is the strongest Drow in Menzobaranzan and was the only living Drow in the city post 20.
He's not the only one past 20 (there are several) and not the strongest (

Eric V

Hero
Demogorgon I can confirm is not below CR 25. And the 200 Archers are not 10 + and only 5 of them have magic bows.

Going to bed don't have time or energy to debate any further right now.

So by confirming the CR and the magic weaponry, you've read the mod? How is it? Worth picking up after the last 3?

Mirtek

Hero
Not talking about the rest of the post right now. But name some more Drow who are stronger then him.
The reincarnated Yvonnel/Quenthel.

Also there's Kimmurial, the way that Salvatore seams enamored he's at least Gromph's equal (the way Salvatore writes him, he could propably slay all demonlords alone while absorbing anything they dish out in one of his ludicrous "kinetic barriers")

While not stronger as Gromph, Jarlaxe is lvl 21 in his last 4e stats

Last edited:

The reincarnated Yvonnel/Quenthel.

Also there's Kimmurial, the way that Salvatore seams enamored he's at least Gromph's equal (the way Salvatore writes him, he could propably slay all demonlords alone while absorbing anything they dish out in one of his ludicrous "kinetic barriers")

While not stronger as Gromph, Jarlaxe is lvl 21 in his last 4e stats

Kimmurial has confirmed himself that he is weaker then Gromph to Jarlaxe and is stated to be afraid of him.

Gromph is still stronger then Quenthel. She just has a lot more going for her now, but is still weaker then him in levels and magic ability.

So by confirming the CR and the magic weaponry, you've read the mod? How is it? Worth picking up after the last 3?

No I not read it. I have gotten it confirmed to me Demogorgon's Above CR 25.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

Don't quote me on this, but I heard through whisper on the wind that...

... the end of the module has the PC's defeating Demogorgon in about 6 rounds. After that, the gist of the module is thus:

PC's: What?! We took out Demogorgon in 6 rounds! Something seems funny...
DM: Yes, at that point Drizz't comes out of the shadows and comments about all the prime mushroom growning lights in the drow city...
Clever PC: That's right! I think I know... I walk up to Demogorgon and check his necks out...
DM: Sure enough...with a squeeeeecccchhh....thwappawappawappa, the mask comes off!'
PC's: *gasp* It's old Mr.Withershroom from the Fungus Caverns! He must have staged this whole thing to get the drow to leave so he could have the whole cavern to himself in order to corner the market on mushroom growing!
DM [Mr.Withershroom]: ...grrrr...and I would have gotten away with it too!... if it weren't fer you pesky kids!

But, as I said, it's all hearsay. I could be totally wrong on this...

;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Mirtek

Hero
Kimmurial has confirmed himself that he is weaker then Gromph to Jarlaxe and is stated to be afraid of him.
No, he only commented to Jarlaxe that he's afraid of him. Cadderly is as strong as Gromph andin turn has commented that he is afraid of Kimmuriel.
Gromph is still stronger then Quenthel. She just has a lot more going for her now, but is still weaker then him in levels and magic ability.
Gromph is afraid of the Yvonnel/Quenthel creature he has helped creating, we don't know the extend of her abilities
I have gotten it confirmed to me Demogorgon's Above CR 25.
By whom? I believe that when I have real proof, which short of some WotC designer stating it would be WotC previewing his stats on the web site or ultimately holding the book in hands. That would be a complete and major change of thei "CR policy" to date. It would make Tiamat now look very lame indeed (not that I though capping actualy deities at CR25 didn't make her look lame to begin with, but now being eclipsed by mere demon princes is adding insult to injury for a lesser deity).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads