Ranger/Thief backstab question

Fisk

First Post
No I do not currently in the D.C. area but if you know of any openings maybe you can hook me up.

Just a name… anything.. A name and number would be better… but hey what ever you can do.

rankarrog

First Post
Vaxalon said:
::sigh::
What do you find in the same places as you find constructs and undead? Or rather, what SHOULD you find?
The thing about constructs and undead is that they can guard a room effectively without ever leaving it. They're GREAT at that.
That means that the dungeon designer can put in lots of nifty, fiendishly clever TRAPS. Yes, traps. And guess who gets to shine when the traps come out? Yes, your friendly neighborhood rogue, who has been hanging out in the back of the party because his big combat trick doesn't work.

Yeah sure! There are Traps around, most often pits with spiked bottoms (spot DC around 10) and nearly as often the same but hidden with a decent illusion spell so there's no real chance for anyone without Detect magic to find them before it's to late.

A good DM will work a good number of traps into any dungeon that is heavy on constructs and undead, in order to be fair to the rogue. If he's not, then multiclass into fighter or something useful, because you're being marginalized.
He's trying to be a good DM but I think I'll go with your advice to Multiclass with something useful, as long as he's just trying :)

Remove ads