• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rank the Star Wars Movies (merged)

diaglo

Adventurer
on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.

Star Wars 99
Empire Strikes Back 98

Return of the Jedi 10
Revenge of the Sith 8
Attack of the Clones 6

The Phantom Menace -3

drothgery

First Post
Empire Strikes Back 7/10
A New Hope 6/10
Revenge of the Sith 6/10
Return of the Jedi 6/10
Attack of the Clones 5/10
The Phantom Menace 4/10

The best of Star Wars are good, fun movies. But they aren't great by any stretch of the imagination.

ForceUser

Explorer
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Star Wars
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

Liam Neeson and the well-choreographed final battle save Episode I from being dead last. Although too much dialogue and story progression is artifically forced in Sith, the story is interesting enough and the eye candy pervasive enough to rate it above Star Wars, which was far and away my least favorite of the original trilogy. The two films directed by Ivan Reitman will always be better than anything Lucas did.

Chain Lightning

First Post
Scale of 1-10, 1 being the poorest, 5 being of average quality (watchable, still enjoyable, but not special), 10 being near perfect movie watching experience.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace (3/10)
Episode II: Attack of the Clones (5/10)
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (5/10)
Episode IV: A New Hope (8/10)
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (9/10)
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (7/10)

Digital M@

Explorer
SW - 8/10
ESB - 8/10
RotS - 7/10
RotJ - 7/10

AotC - 3/10
PM - 2/10 - Darth Maul was worth 2 pts.

What makes Phantom such a bad movie is the lost potential. I think focusing so much story (1/3) on a ten year old child was a big mistake and hurt the other two movies. More happened in the scrolling text of RetS to further the plot line than in episode 1&2 combined.

Psion

Adventurer
Didn't we just have this thread?

Oh, well, postcount++. ;)

Well, I spose I can cheat and see what I put for these movies on IMDB
RotJ 10
SW(ANH) 9. Probably close enough to 10 for all practical purposes. Prob should change that.
ESB 8
RotS 7
TPM 6
ATC 5

I only recently promoted TPM above ATC in my head. At first I figured TPM was worse, but really, if you skip from when the Jedi first land on Naboo until the arrive on Tattoine, it's not a bad film. But to enjoy ATC, you have to skip scenes all over the place.

And the Saber fighting was amongst the best in the whole series in TPM.

Yep, we definitely did just have this thread. I bet its still down on the page, too...

but, since I didn't say anything in it.

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

Really, tPM and AotC are closer, and they aren't really all that bad. I'm finding that the more I watch tPM, the more I'm actually liking it after years of not watching it.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Really, tPM and AotC are closer, and they aren't really all that bad. I'm finding that the more I watch tPM, the more I'm actually liking it after years of not watching it.

I find myself thinking the same thing. There are things about TPM that I'll never like, Jar-Jar and the choice of the kid to play Anakin, but the overall story is actually pretty good when seen as a whole. It was an excellent set-up to the rest of the series even if it is horribly flawed on it's own.

Kane

Remove ads