RA's Ashin's Commission--Grand Finale!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: To quote ajanders: Jiggy :))

*Almayce stops poking around alone in the dark and turns around to join his comrades at the sounds of enemies possibly further south, following Eternity. Meanwhile, Michael and Ironwolf prepare grimly for an attack. It seems the one they heard was a scout, as it scuttled away at the light, and it seemed to be bringing back friends, as several failed attempts by Hulgyr occur one after the other and more sounds, as if of many, begin to echo down the hall. Michael and Ironwolf use Michael's thrown light as a waypoint--they'll react as quickly as possible if any enemy appears in the shadowy illumination at the far edge. Finally, on the last round of his rage, Hulgyr succeeds at cracking the seal with a mighty crushing force, in a display of supernatural strength fit for an Ogre or perhaps a Giant. This is perhaps fortunate, as the enemies begin to scuttle into the light towards the group as this happens, at least six of them, and Michael recognises them at that distance as similar, at least on the surface, to what he encountered last night. Michael and Ironwolf have time to react and shout out, and now with the enemy in sight, they can ready their weapons for real if they choose.*

*But back to that shattered magic--the seal vanishes in a huge flash of blue light, and the blue sphere around it vanishes too. Hulgyr feels the strength drain from him as he becomes Fatigued, the Rage passing. It seems a bit more severe than usual, perhaps a side effect of breaking such powerful magic. Revealed behind the spot where the seal once stood is an ornate passage leading deeper, carved with glyphs and runes in the Elven alphabet.*

*Though the magic blue thingy is gone, the Psionic folks feel the Psionic effect grow even stronger now. There is a strong audible thrumming in their minds, as if from a Power with an Auditory manifestation.*

(OOC: The Psionic power becomes even stronger. The earlier benefits apply, but the cost of the power is also divided in half, rounded up, and each expenditure of focus provides the benefit for a full round, not just for one power)

(OOC2: Hulgyr's Strength is now 14. Damn--his Strength is insane to still be at 14!)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Great work Hulgyr! Through the breach! Quickly before they are on us." shouts Eternity, the psionic energy fuels her giving her drive and passion as she moves quickly up next to Hulgyr.

Patlin

Explorer
"Incoming!" Ironwolf alerts the others.

He will ready an action to attack any enemy entering his 10' reach.

Figures that they wouldn't just disolve as was suggested. That'd be far too convenient.

ooc: If (as unlikely as this seems) Ironwolf can see the writing, he'll ask if anyone can read it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
EDIT: Of course--augmented for duration! :eek:

*Ironwolf is looking towards the enemy and is also far away from the letters, but he readies against the approach of the enemies.*

(OOC: How are they doing this? Ironwolf can't be standing just inside the doorway or he'd block Michael. Is he going to be just behind the door so Michael can be next to him and block the other half of it?)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Whew! I started searching the thread before the edit, worried that a lot more time had passed than I thought!

I'm not entirely clear on the layout. If you could either have him stand somewhere sensible, or perhaps provide a combat map? I understand if you don't have time to do a map, but I'm afraid without one my response to where Ironwolf is won't be terribly coherent. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Layout I'm imagining is roughly (much is missing and it probably won't line up right, but oh well) D is the door.

Code:
___________|  |________  II
                        DII 
___________    _________DM
           |  |

ajanders

Explorer
One.
Two.
Three, four...wait a bit.
Five...hold it..
Six....

Now!

The Laughing Stone sect of Selan worship expresses the belief that the entirety of Universal Law is best apprehended through intuition and revelation. Laughing Stone Selans stimulate their intuitions by asking questions such as

"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

Michael throws his soundburst on the group of six, but centers it to avoid hitting either himself or Ironwolf.

The sound of one hand clapping cannot be described, only experienced. It is, however, very loud.

Michael's Sound Burst (1d8=8)
OOC:And a DC 15 Fort save for everything in the area or stunned for a round, I believe..

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops, I just realised that this is everyone except Almayce and Hulgyr. We already decided Almayce will just follow Eternity. Since Eternity specifically asked him to come with her, think he would? Or would he be lured over by the possibility of battle with Michael and Ironwolf? Since B4cchus is away, someone decide for him and we'll continue :))

Remove ads