RA's Ashin's Commission--Grand Finale!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sounds good. There's not a spot for him on the front right now, but there's probably some way you could rearrange to accomodate diagonally or something next round)

*Eternity moves up to Hulgyr with Almayce and Aglaia in tow, all curious about the new passage that has opened. As if having a "girls have cooties" moment, Hulgyr immediately moves away from Eternity--then everyone realises that he is actually moving towards the battle despite his incredible state of debilitation.*

"I'll say one thing for him. Hulgyr is one brave orc," Aglaia comments.

*Then the enemies begin to clamber forward as more appear at the very edge of the light, but Michael's Sound Burst turns a clamberous charge into a rather pathetic display, as 4 of the depraved Afflicted are stunned, leaving only two to continue forward, one of which Ironwolf finishes with two swift attacks (the AoO followed by the readied attack), leaving only one actual enemy to challenge them. It goes for the Cleric that stunned the others and has no armour, rather than the enormous giant, but somehow Michael manages to dodge the blow. Perhaps Sela helps those who help themselves.*

*Meanwhile, despite the din of approaching battle, Ironwolf and Michael here the squishing sound again, but louder and steady now, coming from that corridor that Almayce half-checked. However, they have more important things about which to worry, since there's an Afflicted just in front of them and four more that won't be stunned shortly, plus another wave approaching behind.*

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf will keep swinging.

Expanded Greatsword Attack (1d20+6=18, 3d6+6=17)

ooc: If he gets an AOO on an unwounded enemy as the second wave charges in, he'll expend his psionic focus to add 2d6 additional damage, bringing the damage up to 5d6+6 for that attack.

ooc2: Semi-random reminder: Ironwolf has the cleave feat, which may prove usefull with the large number of badguys.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yep--unfortunately, he couldn't cleave due to the fact that the second enemy was behind the first one and only moved up later. Also, Ironwolf and Michael readied, so they now go after the Afflicted. Anyone want to post an action for Hulgyr this round? I'll assume Almayce follows Eternity)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
unfortunately, he couldn't cleave due to the fact that the second enemy was behind the first one and only moved up later.

Yeah, I figured that, I was refering to upcoming events.

Also, Ironwolf and Michael readied, so they now go after the Afflicted.

Normally, I wouldn't jigger a DM's elbow with this kind of argument, but given that I know you're a rule guru I'll beg to differ.

srd (emphasis added) said:
For the rest of the encounter, your initiative result is the count on which you took the readied action, and you act immediately ahead of the character whose action triggered your readied action.

If you have all tha afflicted acting as a unit, we should go immediately before them. If they all have seperate initiatives, we would go just before the one who happened to trigger the action, but the action would most likely have been triggered by the first of the afflicted rather than the last.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah--must have been misremembering for a while. I'll admit I'm no Hypersmurf--he's a master of the actual text, and I'm only an expert in what's in my head, which is a morass of the actual rules and house rules. For some reason I thought that people who readied had to go just after in future rounds to prevent infinite readying, but looks like not--I might have houseruled that at some point and forgotten about it :eek:

EDIT: And they do go separately but I sort of allowed them to go at the same time so Michael could do a Sound Burst that was actually effective because I was being nice--normally they'd go one by one and Michael would have to either endure the attacks until the last one was in range or else fire off prematurely.)

ajanders

Explorer
Ooc

That's so, but it's still better than getting in Hulgyr's way. If he moves in, Michael will get out of the way.
If he doesn't, Michael will assist Ironwolf.
Hopefully Bacchus will recover soon and be able to join us.

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
That's so, but it's still better than getting in Hulgyr's way. If he moves in, Michael will get out of the way.
If he doesn't, Michael will assist Ironwolf.
Hopefully Bacchus will recover soon and be able to join us.
(OOC: Sure, that works for me. The thing I don't like about that in general (though I'll allow it this time because it isn't a big deal and your roll was successful anyway) is that you rolled and then might not use that roll. If that had been an attack and not an Aid Another, I wouldn't have allowed the swapped action after seeing what the roll would be.)

Remove ads