• 8 ********

Votes: 101 39.6%
  • 9 *********

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • 10 **********

Votes: 19 7.5%

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I saw it March 26th with the people in my gaming group. If I saw this poll when it was first posted I'd probably give it a 3. I didn't think the story was anything special, and the tone was a little too humorous for me. But the visuals were good. I rewatched it when it came out on VOD but after it dropped in price. I liked it better the second time around but still wasn't WOW'd by any means. So, I give it a five at this point. I'm not saying it was bad or good, I'm just neutral about it I suppose. I'm not a movie buff, I don't always pick up on subtle points of the plot, etc., so I'm a casual viewer at best. That's with most movies. If I came across it on cable or free on streaming, I'd give it another chance and I think it may grow on me if I saw it again. If they make a sequel, I'd prefer a different setting and new cast though.

You watched a 5/10 movie twice and are considering watching it a 3rd time?

ichabod

Legned
If you take a poll/survey you're always going to have some outliers, but you can't just throw them out when calculating the results, correct?
As a statistician, I would say that you will probably but not always get outliers. The first thing to do is try to figure out why you have outliers. That determines whether you keep them or throw them out. I wouldn't worry about it with a poll like this. It is a self selecting sample that even if it was a good sample, it would only be representative of just this site.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If you take a poll/survey you're always going to have some outliers, but you can't just throw them out when calculating the results, correct?
There's throwing out, and there's "weighing" data points. This isn't exactly a serious peer reviewed survey, bit the ratings below 6 aren't part of the bellcurve: if you throw them out, the mean and average don't change.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
In a scientific data set, you sometimes throw out the far-reaching outliers (like the top 1% and the bottom 1%), depending on what you're trying to measure and how the information was collected.

This is hardly a scientific poll, however, and it's only measuring Public Opinion.

Last edited:

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Yeah why is that so strange? As they say 3rd times the charm. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way but if its on while flipping through the channels I'd consider it.

We view ratings very differently.

I'm not watching a 5/10 movie twice. I probably wouldn't finish watching a 3/10 movie.

In a scientific data set, you sometimes throw out the far-reaching outliers (like the top 1% and the bottom 1%), depending on what you're trying to measure and how the information was collected.

This is hardly a scientific poll, however, and it's only measuring Public Opinion.

But you throw away both the top and the lower 1% at the same time. You can't just ignore the lower outliers.

But then the few 0s or 1s or 2s are probably just review bombs.

Remove ads