Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Borkel sighs as he lets Tumna and Eddy take the money, and then persists in interrogating the fop:

"Alright, you were not hired to teach us a lesson. I will buy that. But someone like you, who thinks himself completely above the law, must know a thing or two about other such individuals. Tell us everything you know about Gogsmol"

With that, Borkel twists the thug's arm a little more.

Krug

Newshound
The thugs empty their pockets, revealing between them 2gp (from the leader), 17 sp and 58 cp, and quite a bit of lint.

"G-Gogsmol? W-who is Gogsmol? ARGGGH!" the leader replies as Borkel twists his arm again.

Tumna:
[sblock]You're no great judge of human character, but think the thug isn't bluffing. He really seems to have no idea who Gogsmol is.
[/sblock]

Are you refering to the pouch Bru has? You already have it. :)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Come on, Bor-bor, he said he doesn't know Gogsie, so let the poor man go," Tumna goes over and pats the shirtless dwarf on the shoulder.
"You just remember to not mess with people anymore," she adds, glaring at the leader.

OoC: I was kinda hoping they'd have stolen somebody a bit richer recently :p

ChefOrc

First Post

Borkel lets go of the thug.

"Okay, we are back to square one. The difference is that we now have what Gogsmol is looking for, which may make us marked men. I say we take the initiative and the advantage of surprise. Why not pay Gogsmol a little visit? He has to go home to sleep at some point..."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I think we should just find somebody to buy the sparkling little baby, call it a day, and let Gogsmol curse his stingyness."

ChefOrc

First Post

"Tumna, with all due respect, we have just figured out that this Gogsmol is probably a killer, or is at least associated with the death of citizens. And he is hiding dangerous monsters in his warehouse. Such an individual must be stopped. What kind of society would this be if concerned individuals did not try to protect each others against law breaking criminals like Gogsmol? I am a stranger here, and I therefore don't know much about how things work. But if we don't take this matter into our own hands, we must at least ensure that some competent authorities will bring Gogsmol to justice. It is our responsability to gather the proofs."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Oh, come on. If he's able to keep doing whatever it is he does, he's got to have some friends in the right places or enough money to make friends when needed. We're just three nobodies, there's absolutely nothing meaningful short of killing the bastich that we can do. And while I find that tempting, in that case you'd be lowering yourself to his level."

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy lets the thugs go when Borkel lets go of the Fop.

He then follows the conversation between the dwarf and the woman like a tennis match, giving a little shrug and nod of "yeah, probably" when Tumna says, "there's absolutely nothing meaningful short of killing the bastich that we can do."

Finally, he turns to Borkel and says, "What mean you: gather the proofs? We have left the body of the creature in his warehouse, but I'm not sure that the body will prove that he was using the creature to attack any innocent citizens. I'm not sure whether local law holds that a citizen may have a creature to guard their own goods, but I would guess that he cannot be punished for that, even if he did know the thing was there. And we would be hard pressed to prove that a body possessing of theives' tools found in someone else's warehouse was an "innocent." I would love to find some way to injure Gogsmol or his purse, but I'm not sure we're going to be able to do much more than take what we have, sell it all and split the funds. Further justice may have to wait, unless you are willing to settle on awaiting him in his home and beating him senseless upon his arrival, but I sense that's not the kind of justice you seek."

Eddy rubs his moustache then adds, "I would dare say that this adventure may be over after we cash in our loot. Not that we should part ways, but that we should probably rest and let Gogsmol go about his affairs for now. We can keep an eye on him and if, as Borkel believes, he is responsible for evil deeds beyond being Orc-dung, then he will eventually make us aware, and we can then strike from a better position."

I just meant whatever pouch/bag happened to be on the thug or Fop's belt. Just flair-dialogue--sorry it was confusing! I, too, will be keeping odd hours for the next week and a half.

ChefOrc

First Post

Borkel sighs heavily and says:

"I know you are right ... there is just not much we can do here. It is just that I feel so angry at this man and even more so when I think that he will probably commit more crimes. I wish I could be useful ..."

"I am also unconfortable with the thought that Gogsmol could try to get back at us because we have his gem. I would feel pretty dumb being caught off-guard."

Remove ads