Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy wonders aloud to Borkel, "are you suggesting that after we pawn the gem, we should burn down the warehouse to end whatever ill deeds are going on there? Because that is what I'm hearing you suggest. And if you are, my friend, I think I could support such a course of action to end this evil. Ah, ah, but we should see what Bru has to say first." He then looks at Bru awaiting "the truth."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Maybe it's not really a thief? Mayhaps ol' Gogsie was going to sell the thing to the guy and the gem was the price? That'd explain some things..."
Tumna looks for Bru and Lul's reaction to his musings as she speaks.

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy lifts an eyebrow at Tumna's suggestion. "You may be on to something there. Perhaps Gogsmol knew the beast was in his warehouse. I don't recall him being surprised when we told him about it. Perhaps, too, Gogsmol wanted the 'thief' dead, even though, as you suggest, perhaps he was no thief, perhaps it was a man who Gogsmol had some personal vendetta against."

Throwing an apologetic look at Bru he adds, "I'm sure that would be hard to believe, but perhaps, anyway."

Back to Tumna, and now Borkel, he continues: "So say Gogsmol wants this gem, and knows this man (he may or may not like) has it. So he simply makes an agreement to sell the man something (it could be anything--doesn't matter) and tells the man to meet him at his warehouse. But! Instead of going to the warehouse to make the exchange, Gogsmol sits at home and polishes his gold and oils his hair, while the man with the gem goes to the warehouse in good faith where he is killed by the creature. Then, in accordance with his plan, Gogsmol goes to the Red Dragon and hires us to go in later to retrieve the gem for him, but he doesn't want to tell us about the gem because he doesn't think he can trust us. Well, I for one, am insulted and believe we ought to teach Gogsmol a lesson in trust by keeping the gem."

Eddy nods knowingly. "An interesting theory, Tumna. It explains everything except the thieves' tools we found on the body."

Krug

Newshound
Eddy's appraise check fails.

"We were told by Gogsmol...to lay stake on anything that's in the warehouse. He says anything inside is his. That man in the house...was just a common thief. We knew there was something weird in the warehouse for a while..." mutters Bru.

Suddenly you hear asound outside the house. Four thuggish looking men, led by a tobbaco-chewing fop, are just outside. "Well what is all this commotion? Dwarves and pretty woman, and (looking at Eddy) who might this be? Is this some new troupe?" He spies the jewel Eddy is holding."My isn't that a pretty one... probably enough to buy you safe passage," he snickers.

Lul scampers off, saying "I just rememebred I have something cooking." The thugs let him go.

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

Borkel, assuming that these thugs have been hired by Gogsmol to get rid of them, immediately takes action. He moves in between the thugs and Tumna, so as to protect her, and makes sure that Eddy draws his weapon and shield.

Borkel then tries hard to look intimidating by clenching his fists and flexing his large muscles. He says:

"You kids have obviously made a mistake. You have no business here. You are going to turn around and go bother someone else ... RIGHT NOW."

While doing this act, Borkel makes sure to observe the thugs, try to learn as much as possible about their weapon, their class, etc. He also tries to locate all exits to the building.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna is glad to have Borkel between her and the thugs. She spent most of her mental reserves on fighting the creature, and the backlash took most of her stamina. In fact, she was rather surprised she could perform as well as she did.
She hopes that the the riff-raff isn't too keen on fighting, and will just leave when not shown fear. She readies to create an ectoplasmic sheen under them if they decide to approach, however.

Gray Shade

First Post
Fop said:
"My isn't that a pretty one... probably enough to buy you safe passage," he snickers.

"It is a pretty one. Thank you for admiring it." He puts the gem back in its pouch and hands it to Tumna. Once she has it, Eddy will ready his shield and mace and stand next to Borkel (in front of Tumna), assuming this is melee range with the Fop. If not, Eddy will step forward as he speaks, in order to be within melee range. "If you're of mind to take it from us, I believe that would be stealing, and I believe we would be well within our rights to prevent you from doing that. Even if it means braining you. So I offer you the choice now. Go about your business elsewhere or be brained."

If the Fop does anything next other than walk away, such as talk or reach for a weapon, Eddy will brain him with his mace as suddenly as powerfully as possible.

Krug

Newshound
The leader of the thugs carries a short sword, while the rest carry plain clubs or makeshift maces.

"Well talk is cheap... heh.." the leaders says, responding to Eddy's threat. He reaches for his weapon, and Eddy steps forward and tries to bop him...

Roll initiative please, and relevant attack/damage rolls

Remove ads