Raven Crowking's Fantasy Game

Lord Zack

Explorer
I would like to play Raven Crowking's Fantasy Game which can be foundhere. The setting is likely to be "mostly" homebrew, but I may use material from existing settings. For one thing I am considering using either a modified Nentir Vale, or one of Rob Conley's Points of Light microsettings. It will be a sandbox game. So I'd like to see some backgrounds tied into whatever setting we do end up using, so you're characters have motivation to adventure.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Seems there is a Beta test rules in post #8 of that thread are those the rules you are wishing to use?

I will give them the once over next week and let you know I may be more interested in just helping along with questions and such for now. Though I do love RPing LOL.

My vote is for a generic map - like the Nentir Vale - but with a homegrown history/backstory.

HM

Lord Zack

Explorer
Yep.

Another thought I had on the setting is a modified version of Greyhawk combined with Blackmoor. But it will probably be in some relatively undetailed part and canon will only be used when it suits me, so it probably won't be much different than the other idea. In fact they aren't mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Massive?? It is just like all other RPG games almost half the 319 pages are on spellcasting, magic and spell descriptions.

I am liking the combat skill ranks and want to see how this INIT system plays out. FM you think we could both make a warrior (with different styles) and go goblin whacking?? :p

HM

Lord Zack

Explorer
Hey I have two players, cool. I'm not sure how much longer I should wait to start the game up. We could do it with two players, especially if you used hirelings, but more players would be better.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fafhrd and The Gray Mouser

I'm up for a test run but not over familiar with the rules. Instead of a campaign how about a one shot adventure to get are feet wet.

Will need character gen rules also.

HM

Attachments

• fatgm.jpg
    fatgm.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 147

Frozen Messiah

First Post
I am defintely up for that, what about this for an idea of a 2 man band: I go elf archer you go dwarf warrior. I mean if it works for Lord of the Rings it can work for us.

There are many other combinations, I sort of wanted to play an Orc Rogue but really I am up for anything

Lord Zack

Explorer
I'm down for a one-shot. Maybe if you want to continue afterward then we can expand it into a campaign, but a one-shot seems like a good place to start. As for character generation, just use Invisible Castle to generate you're ability scores (use 4d6, drop lowest). 1st level characters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases