Ravnica Table of Contents & More

Thank you.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I thought the eberron book was only going to be POD? At any rate, I'd expect to see it show up in the PDF in the next few months.

WGtE will get a POD final version, but Mearls has openly speculated about a complementary hardcover repeating the same crunch.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The Guilds shape that entire world and most things in it. These are more then just Guilds, they are world spanning organizations that run the government, many institutions, how huge areas the territory, they all have their school, soldiers, monsters and so on.

But there is still other non-guild affiliated people and stuff on Ravinica. I also want to learn about them too. That makes for a rich and diverse setting. It also increases the books useful life. Council of Wyrms didn't last more than two sessions.

gyor

Legend
But there is still other non-guild affiliated people and stuff on Ravinica. I also want to learn about them too. That makes for a rich and diverse setting. It also increases the books useful life. Council of Wyrms didn't last more than two sessions.

I absolutely agree. The beastiary and Kenko's Way and the parts on the guildless will hopefully help with that. I hope to learn about Sewer Goblins, and the Cult of Yore, the Angel of Serenity, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
WGtE will get a POD final version, but Mearls has openly speculated about a complementary hardcover repeating the same crunch.

Yeah, I've heard that, although they might have some different Artificer subclasses or new subclasses with a racial theme like Chameleons for Changelings bards.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, I've heard that, although they might have some different Artificer subclasses or new subclasses with a racial theme like Chameleons for Changelings bards.

In the event that there is an Eberron hardcover (I doubt that they are developing a 13th Class to have on a DMsGuild product, but if they haven't announced it, they can pull the plug at any time) I would wager there would be additional content. But specifically anything they have poured so much energy into UA testing I would expect to see in such a book, along with Eberron monsters.

Satyrn

First Post
Shadowrun has had the benifit of decades of source book, this will be Ravnica first.

And Guilds aren't Monolithic organizations. Orzhov has cleric orders, family cartels, banks, likely Paladin Orders, it's own cities, allied businesses, and possibly it's own religion.

It'd be like you took a Shadowrun Megacorp, actually all 10 of them fused together, then fused the Catholic church to it, including Vatican City, then added the World Bank, then added the Mob/Triad/Yukuzuna/Hell's Angels, then added the Canadian Mint, then Burneau of Business, then added in midevil style Aristocractic families, an afterlife, then added in a much less ethical BDSM culture.

Ooh. Ravnica's coins are gonna be so colorfully painted or bimetallic, and get loony names. I'm sold.

gyor

Legend
I hope we get a better understanding of how to use these monsters in settings other then Ravnica and how they relate to other creatures of their type. Like how does a Stink Weed Imp fit into the Devilish Hierarchy in Hell? Do Battle Angels serve Gods in the afterlives of Faerun deities?

gyor

Legend
Ooh. Ravnica's coins are gonna be so colorfully painted or bimetallic, and get loony names. I'm sold.

Bimetallic coins are awesome, one of the many wonders of being Canadian. I don't know if Ravnica money shares that quality. I do know Orzhov produces both regular coinage and Alms Coins which can only be spent at Orzhov establishments.

Remove ads

Remove ads