D&D Movie/TV Rawson Thurber will write and direct the D&D TV Series!

If you allow total creative freedom the fandom will find a special style for Greyhawk, for example something with a "fantasy vintage touch". And FR is more famous, but the rich lore may cause troubles about the continuity, while Greyhawk could allow to test new ideas. And as multimedia franchise the setting is important, but also charismatic characters and good stories.

If you allow total creative freedom the fandom will find a special style for Greyhawk, for example something with a "fantasy vintage touch". And FR is more famous, but the rich lore may cause troubles about the continuity, while Greyhawk could allow to test new ideas. And as multimedia franchise the setting is important, but also charismatic characters and good stories.
And then Greyhawk fans will hate you.

I don't remember that fandom to be angry when all new PC races and classes were added to Greyhawk, the deffault setting for 3rd age. The lore about the origin of the dragonborns was radically changed in the 4th Ed.

Greyhakw and FR can be as differents as Gothan City and Metropolis, or other (ficional) cities from superheroes comics.

We shouldn't stop the changes, but work for the right path.

* Netin Vale, the setting from 4th Ed was designed as a sandbox. This could allow more creative freedom for an adaptation to the screens.

Yaarel

He Mage
With regard to fan content, it seems easy enough to have tags that distinguish between strictly conservative (staying within the parameters of the 1e Flanaess by Gygax) and inclusively progressive (adding new content, detailing new locations, non-1e classes, races, monsters, etcetera).

Gygax intends the planet Oerth to have places that homebrews can develop.

So now there is going to be not just the Forgotten Realms movie, but a Forgotten Realms Flagship TV show and possibly other Forgotten Realms shows like the Underdark one, is Ed Greenwood going to join the ranks of other rich authors with TV & Movie adaptions like JR Martin, JK Rowling, Stephen King, etc... , nope he still working at a Canadian Library.

G

Guest 7034872

I still just haven't gotten over the whole idea of D&D being popular now.

Am.....am I still a nerd??? I mean, if I still spend more time reading actual books about this stuff than I do on a digital device, that makes me still a nerd, doesn't it? Can I still be uncool, geeky, and unpopular that way?? Because I do read an awful lot of books. What if I do all my own meticulous, detailed calculations for each NPC's challenge rating? Is...is that nerdy enough so the cool kids wouldn't be caught dead doing it? How about if I still make my own maps with a mechanical pencil??? Surely that has to suffice, right?

I'm having myself a bad identity crisis here...

Yaarel

He Mage

Am.....am I still a nerd??? I mean, if I still spend more time reading actual books about this stuff than I do on a digital device, that makes me still a nerd, doesn't it? Can I still be uncool, geeky, and unpopular that way?? Because I do read an awful lot of books. What if I do all my own meticulous, detailed calculations for each NPC's challenge rating? Is...is that nerdy enough so the cool kids wouldn't be caught dead doing it? How about if I still make my own maps with a mechanical pencil??? Surely that has to suffice, right?

Nothing wrong with being the pioneer.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter

A mechanical pencil is and always will be a special sort of nerddom

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases