D&D 5E Ray Winninger mentions third project!

WotC's Ray Winninger has confirmed that another D&D release, by James Wyatt, will be released in between Witchlight (September) and Strixhaven (November). Strixhaven was Amanda Hamon's project, while Witchlight is Chris Perkins'. That assumes he's not referring to the Feywild accessory kit in September.

A lot of people are asking Qs about the [D&D] releases for the rest of this year.

Yes, WILD BEYOND THE WITCHLIGHT is the [Chris Perkins] story product I referenced in our dev blog. STRIXHAVEN is [Amanda Hamon's] project. We have not yet announced [James Wyatt's] project, which releases between WITCHLIGHT and STRIXHAVEN.

Why did we announce STRIXHAVEN so early? Pretty simple--there was no way to release the STRIX-related Unearthed Arcana without letting the cat out of the bag.

You'll learn a lot more about all of these products at D&D Live on G4, July 16 and 17. And yes, there is still a little surprise or two ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
Owlfolk, on the cover of the book.

But that's exactly my point here: they put out a Strixhaven Rave test, and people are still questioning that after they announce the Strixhaven book. The Subclasses were too obvious.
The owlfolk seem to be the only one of the four that would apply to the Strixhaven world, though, no? Fairy and fey hobgoblins definitely seem more likely for a Feywild product. Rabbitfolk? That also sounds very apropos with respect to the Feywild, no?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The owlfolk seem to be the only one of the four that would apply to the Strixhaven world, though, no? Fairy and fey hobgoblins definitely seem more likely for a Feywild product. Rabbitfolk? That also sounds very apropos with respect to the Feywild, no?
They all seem like MtG options, but we will know soon. You again demonstrate the point.

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
They all seem like MtG options, but we will know soon. You again demonstrate the point.
It's certainly possible that you're right, but I think it's less likely that the "Folk of the Feywild" UA was "the Strixhaven race" UA and more "a few different races we're testing out for a few different books" UA. I mean, so far, we've got the owlfolk on the cover art of the Strixhaven book, but really no other indication for the other three races are for that setting. I can see where the rabbitfolk might follow in similar footsteps even though there doesn't seem to be a rabbitfolk, fairy, or hobgoblin sort of character in the Strixhaven set. That's of course not to say that they can't just invent new things — I mean, if it's going for the Harry Potter vibe, they could have a hobgoblin teacher which would kinda sorta be like that goblin professor in Harry Potter? And maybe there are fairies flying around somewhere, I guess.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I fully expect this to be a Volo's/Mordenkainen's-style Draconomicon book, and I'm hyped about it. Dragons are long overdue to get some love in 5e, and I would love it if they published official Gem dragon stats, possibly some Kobold/Dragonborn NPC monster stats, the dragon-related spells and feats from the UA, and dragon-related magic items (there are so many awesome concepts for Dragon-related items that 5e is severely lacking, like weapons/armors made out of dragon bones, items that let you call on an avatar of a dragon, dragon-saddles, and so on).

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I fully expect this to be a Volo's/Mordenkainen's-style Draconomicon book, and I'm hyped about it. Dragons are long overdue to get some love in 5e, and I would love it if they published official Gem dragon stats, possibly some Kobold/Dragonborn NPC monster stats, the dragon-related spells and feats from the UA, and dragon-related magic items (there are so many awesome concepts for Dragon-related items that 5e is severely lacking, like weapons/armors made out of dragon bones, items that let you call on an avatar of a dragon, dragon-saddles, and so on).
might have a bit flashing out the history of dragon born that would be nice plus they will likely be pushed up in numbers if they have lore to work with.

imagineGod

Legend
Sorry, but I can't notice when any terms can be offensive. Maybe because I am too used to be the one who suffer the offenses. Really I try to be polite and diplomatic, but I can't understand why any times any words can hurt and be rude.

If we remember the last UA then the most probable option can be something about dragons.
Especially when the creator of the Dungeons and Dragons brand, Gary Gygax on cover gave the stamp of authority, to Zeb Cook we got the Oriental Adventures book.

Almost like today, his worldwide D&D progeny denying their father's legacy.

A minority myself, and even the creator of Coyote and Crow is part of the Facebook group NDN RPG (colloquially Indians and Natives).

Because the world is diverse, you cannot be offended on behalf of all especially those minorities who are not offended themselves, that itself is a bit condescending.

And next you know, I will get lectured that telling truthful perspectives from certain lived minority experiences is no longer acceptable to modern readers

It is like we want to erase the f history of Dungeons and Dragons. Nobody said we should recreate the past, but to deny it in modern conversations is unrealistic.

Attachments

• ADnD-Oriental-Adventures-by-Gary-Gygax.jpg
    ADnD-Oriental-Adventures-by-Gary-Gygax.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases