• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RCFG] RCFG Ongoing Development!

Raven Crowking

First Post
I was surprised that for a game that seemed quite hotly anticipated there have been no responses on this thread. Are people discussing this game more elsewhere?

You know, I have honestly been somewhat disappointed with the online response. Of course, I hope for more response from the full release, but still......view count vs. response is somewhat depressing, and has undoubtably slowed the work.

OTOH, home campaign is great, as is playtesting, and speeds the work. Maybe they balance each other out......?

As far as monsters go, I sent a link to the Facebook group with a provisional monster document, so there are a few critters out there. I can't remember if I included Animated Object.......? If I did, there is a gazebo fully statted up for your use.

In playtesting, I find that I can use 3.x monsters almost off the shelf (I change the damage range usually) as well as earlier edition monsters (I flip the AC). I can even convert C&C monsters on the fly. Of course, the game will be better with monsters specifically designed for it, but it plays very well even without.

IMHO, anyway.

I've only had time to glance over the document; I'm slammed and flat out until December. Were there significant changes to races or classes since the last big preview? I noticed the HD penalty (rather an understatement, IMO) is still there for gnomes and halflings; I think I've casually mentioned that I disagree with this slightly. ;)

Hi there, Nellisir!

The monk got a few changes due to higher-level playtests. The original Flurry of Blows was just too good.

Still reading through it, slowly. Just haven't had much time, so sorry, it'll be a while before I have any feedback worth posting. Assuming I ever have any of that! ;)

Hi there Aus!

I am very much looking forward to whatever feedback you might have.

I will say that I like the look of it so far, though. No, it doesn't look 'finished', or 'polished' perhaps, but I wasn't really expecting that at this stage (of a for-free PDF release, of all things!) so no worries. :)

Thanks!

LostSoul

Adventurer
I think there's less response than you would have hoped for because it is pretty complex, yet still appears very similar to 3e. There are a lot of changes made that you'd have to play out to see how they work - all the combat options, for example, are hard to imagine when you're not at the table. Those and the spells are hard to get an idea of how they work when you're not actually playing it.

Hello Raven Crowking,

Just chiming in to say congratulations on finally releasing your Pre-release Player's Guide. I've just downloaded it and given it a skim through and it looks good - I'd make an index the first port of call though.

I'll post back when I can give a more thorough opinion.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

PS: I'd suggest starting a new thread with the download link in the first post. You might get more responses that way.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Just chiming in to say congratulations on finally releasing your Pre-release Player's Guide. I've just downloaded it and given it a skim through and it looks good - I'd make an index the first port of call though.

Thanks. An index is definitely in the works for the final document!

PS: I'd suggest starting a new thread with the download link in the first post. You might get more responses that way.

Good idea. I'll try to get to that this afternoon.

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
I think there's less response than you would have hoped for because it is pretty complex, yet still appears very similar to 3e. There are a lot of changes made that you'd have to play out to see how they work - all the combat options, for example, are hard to imagine when you're not at the table. Those and the spells are hard to get an idea of how they work when you're not actually playing it.

Next summer, a Big Open Sandbox campaign will be running in Toronto.

Just saying.

RC

Raven Crowking

First Post
I am now working on an RCFG playtest adventure for 5 3rd-level characters (including pregenerated characters. I will be running a couple of pbp playtests, four live playtests in Toronto, and will email the document to some willing playtesters when completed. Playtesters who fill out the "Playtest Response Form" will be given a playtester credit in the RCFG Player's Guide.

I expect the playtest adventure to be completed well before Christmas, and to begin actual playtesting in January. The completed RCFG Player's Guide now has a firm launch date of March 1st 2010.

RC

Witty Comeback

First Post
Is there any way to get access to the monster document? I'm not a facebook guy and I can't find it on your website.

I don't want to make any promises, but I'm trying to set up a playtest of RCFG and would prefer to use RCFG stats instead of 3.5.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Is there any way to get access to the monster document? I'm not a facebook guy and I can't find it on your website.

I don't want to make any promises, but I'm trying to set up a playtest of RCFG and would prefer to use RCFG stats instead of 3.5.

This is a preview, and is subject to change: http://www.danieljbishop.ca/RCFGMP.pdf

The playtest module ("Snatched!") for January will include all relevant statistics. I would be happy to send it to you when completed.

RC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads