[RCFG] The Eyes of Mellythese (Playtest)

Redbadge

Explorer
I talk quietly with my companions, "Shall we be seeing who this new one is then? Does anyone want to sneak up a get a good look first?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Who is he face in this group? Sorry I've been quiet internet problems.

"Why not surround em' and see what we can find? Sounds like only one person be out there." Scarven says quietly. "Whose ever good at talkin' should be doin' it, and that ain't me." he adds rather gruffly.

Raven Crowking

First Post
As you are deciding upon your course of action, the digging stops. In the sudden silence, you hear a clicking and clacking as the digger -- or something -- moves in the underbrush.

Raven Crowking

First Post
There is a rattle of bones as a human skeleton steps onto the path, a dirt-encrusted shovel resting on one shoulder. It glances in your direction, then steps toward the other side of the road, and begins digging.

Redbadge

Explorer
"Wait a bit, Scarven-sir, I do not think it is meaning us harm. Perhaps someone has animated it to do their digging for them. I am not particularly hasty to destroy another mans tool, unholy or not."

Given a chance, Palamon willl cross the road, well away from the skeleton, and glance behind the bushes where it had been digging before. The sorcerer hopes to see how many holes there are, and how big they might be, to better judge just how long the skeleton has been at this.

Raven Crowking

First Post
You can see many holes, some very old, some new, seemingly at random locations, going off in a weaving line as far as the brush will let you see. Each of the holes is only about 2-3 feet deep.

The skeleton glances at you a few times, but continues digging.

Redbadge

Explorer
Assuming he has seen no landmarks of interest to the east or south, Palamon crosses back to rejoin his companions.

"See, comrades, it appears this part of our work has been done for us, yes. I suggest that we head north into the forest, and attempt to rejoin Le Loup. Are you seeing anything wrong with this at this point, Tomkin-sir?"

Raven Crowking

First Post
From here you can see (map below)

On a hill in a distance is what appears to be an ancient white gazebo.

Closer, the land shows even stronger signs of cultivation, with the roadway approaching what appears to be a ruined house of some kind.

Attachments

• EoM 3rd Map.jpg
    EoM 3rd Map.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Remove ads