D&D 5E ''Real life'' gods in Faerun

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Can someone help me make the list of all gods (and their real life pantheon) that came from other pantheons and established themselves in Faerun?

In my FR: year zeo game the gods are forbidden to interact with prime world after the s***tshow that was the Time of Troubles, but some gods were left behind after the divide in their quasi-deity/avatar/not quite dead state, such as the Dead Three. I would like to add to that list the gods that are from outside pantheon that would be less affected by Ao's decree.

Right now I have:
the whole Mulrandi/Egyptioan pantheon
Tyr (Norse)
Tymora and Beshada (Two parts of Tyche from Greek)

Anything else?

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Wasn’t Bahamut unaffected by the Time of Troubles? I can see him being allowed to get involved, as a reward for good behavior.

Oh great, now I’m imagining Ao scratching Bahamut’s head as if the Platinum Dragon were a dog the Overgod was proud of...

EDIT
The Unther/Sumerian or Babylonian pantheon. I forgot about them.

Perun

Mushroom
Apart from those already mentioned, off the top of my head:
  • Silvanus from Celtic mythos;
  • Ilmater (Ilmatar), Mielikki, Loviatar and Kiputytto (who was killed by Talona) from Finnish mythos
There might be others, can't remember now.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
  • Ilmater (Ilmatar), Mielikki, Loviatar and Kiputytto (who was killed by Talona) from Finnish mythos
Oh, there's seem to be more than I remembered. If the interloper gods are 80% of the human pantheon, I think I wont add them to the gods left behind or it will make Ao's decree cheap and mostly inapplicable.

oh well.

gyor

Legend

Silvanus is Roman, not Celtic.

The Vedic Pantheon is worshipped in parts of Kara Tur, so their might be some worshippers in Faerun too.

The Egyptian/Mulhorand Greek, Finnish, Celtic, and Norse Pantheons were worshipped in Bakka Empire, a survivor state of Imaskar and possibly a vassal state of Mulhorand, that was destroyed in the ancient past.

Some saints are named after Greek Gods weirdly.

Remove ads