• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reaper to produce pre-painted Plastic minis - Non-random

Felon

First Post
Sabathius42 said:
Actually, thats an orc with a spear for $3.34. Shipping isn't free and part of the downside of the secondary market on ebay is the shipping per individual mini.
No, it is actually what I said it was: an orc with a spear for 34 cents. You're tacking on associated expenses as if their won't be any when purchasing minis some other way. If you have the reapers shipped to you, you'll also pay shipping. If you buy them at the store, you might pay some sales tax. If you drive there, you'll burn up some gas. We can play this game all sorts of ways.

Sure you can save a lot on shipping by ordering a lot of things, but what if I really only want one orc with a spear this week?
They do what you gotta do for that nail-biting lone-orc encounter, but for most folks the point of rank-and-file troops is to have a whole bunch

D.Shaffer

First Post
Dragon Snack said:
These were posted by someone who went to ReaperCon along with a sculpt of Rauthuros (a 4 armed demon that has been delayed for ages)...
Those DO look pretty good. However, are those going to be the actual PRODUCTION models, or are those the studio painted versions for test shots? It wouldnt be the first time people got all excited about a line of prepainteds only to find out the ones they were looking at where the studio painted test shots.

Drkfathr1

First Post
I don't even care about the paint jobs, I can always touch up or repaint a bad one. I do that with the DDM's already. But having a really good base sculpt, and a nice price tag are the selling points for me. Especially for the "Large" figures, and in the future, those that are very hard or expensive to get (Illithid/Bathalian).

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I hope these pan out. After the Dragon and Dungeon debacle WotC pulled, I'd buy these instead of DDM even if they were poorer quality and more expensive. Anything I can do to get my game on without supporting WotC is fine by me.

pawsplay

Hero
Kae'Yoss said:
Since we're reiterating:

I really hope that demoness will be the marilith type. I want a PPMM (pre-painted plastic marilith miniature) that looks like Cha 24 is supposed to look (for the record: That's 5 above Nymph and only 2 below Succubus).

Since they know, without a doubt, that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the DDM marilith sculpt, I can totally see them releasing that early on.

Yeah, I'm not too happy with six-armed Ugly Betty wearing the hood off a Chevy as armor.

Can I just refer to that mini as Ugly Betty in the future, for simplicity's sake?

Remove ads