• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters II

Angcuru

First Post
Jonas almost answered the inquiry, but checked himself. It would be most out of place for a soldier to speak before his commanding officer had a chance to do so. He gave a quick, standard salute to the Lieutenant, but otherwise remained still and silent.

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

“Lieutenant!” Lyss-disguised-as-Imperial-officer greets the man formally.

“This thing is here to help us,” Lyss starts to explain, then turns to the major in sharp voice.

“Step behind, I told you not to get too close, your smell is terrible!”

Turning back to the Imperial.

“Unfortunately he is one of the only ones that can identify a certain alien criminal, we have tracked down and believe to be on Tatooine. I hope we can get over with this soon. This situation is not exactly pleasant.”

“Now, tell the lieutenant what happened!” Lyss commands.

You all notice that at Lyss' words, the Stormtroopers seem to ease just slightly. This is only noticeable in the fact that their guns lower a couple of centimeters, though it would still take no time for them to raise them and blast you all.

The Imperial Lieutenant still looks skeptical and suspicious, but turns his critical eyes from Lyss' Imperial disguise to Trual'Nuin as he waits for the explanation.

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - Duros 3rd. level Noble

Trual'Nuin bows obsequiously to Lyss, then to the imperial, and says

- "Master, a criminal intruded the database and got some information of the command post. When investigators where sent to the alien gettho, I GLADLY offered to help, as I AM MOST LOYAL TO THE EMPIRE, and I know most of the gettho's people by the way. I know for certain that a scoundrel by the name of Vadrish-noth left the planet less than one hour after the theft. Vadrish-noth is a thief and spy... huuh, and a traitor, who would sell his mother to the rebel alliance, if only he had one... In any case, I have heard him speak of Tatooine a number of times. His contacts can only be here, your highness. I have also been ordered, err... asked to come, as I know some people who may live on Tatooine right now..."

Last edited:

The Imperial Officer allowed for a short silence as a look of careful thought consumed his features. When it passed, he looked directly to Lyss and said in a calmer, but still sharp, voice, "This criminal will not leave the planet. No ships have left, or will leave, until the quarantine is lifted. The Moff and Admirals have also ordered the fleet to allow no ships, Imperial or otherwise, to set down on the planet until this has passed. You may remain in the system, but we cannot allow you onto the planet...your criminal will not be able to escape."

He then turned on his heel and started back out the airlock without another word. The stormtroopers quickly began to follow, finally lowering their rifles as they moved away.

Angcuru

First Post
Jonas saluted to the exiting Officer and troopers, before turning directly to Lyss. He spoke to 'him' before the hatch was sealed, loud enough for the Lieutenant to hear, but not so much as to give reason for alarm. "Sir, there still remains the issue of repairs to the communications array."

Thanee

First Post
Lt. Lyss Arkess, SpyNet infiltrator

“While he cannot escape, he can do a lot of damage, if he is not catched quickly. Of course, if the Moff himself has ordered this quarantine, there is nothing we can do but wait, or is there maybe an emergency clause, which might allow us to proceed through the barrikade? We are well aware, that we will not be able to leave, until the quarantine is lifted then, but at least we could make sure, that the information the criminal stole from us is not compromised. The sooner we can track him down, the better!”

“Right, we also need repairs on our communications array, maybe we could get these on the Mos Eisley starport?”

The Officer stopped at the words and then turned around to face all of you again. A look of thought washed over his features before he shook his head, "I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to set down on the spaceport. However, I will send a ship with a technical crew to assist your in repairs as soon as I return to the Conquest."

He didn't give you any chance to respond, as he then turned back and stepped into the airlock and through to the Assault Shuttle. The Stormtroopers waited a short moment, gave all of you one last glance with their expressionless helmets, and then followed their commander. When the footsteps of the Stormtroopers' boots faded away, a sharp hiss from the airlock echoed in. You then heard a heavy, mechanical jolt that had to inidicate the Assault Shuttle had detached.

Turanil

First Post
Major Trual'Nuin - Duros 3rd. level Noble

Trual'Nuin shrugs, and sadly declares:

- "Well, that's a total failure. We will have to depart and come back another day... or not return at all. In fact, I don't like the way this officer looked at us. He thought too much for an imperial... I don't like that. Any suggestion?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads