Recommended Story Hours?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, let me pimp someone else's! To be fair, I haven't pushed mine is just ages. It's in a less-action point right now, anyways, although things are going to get pretty exciting about two posts from now. Those consequences are just rolling towards the group....

So, let's recommend someone else's that I like. Hmmm, so many good ones! My pick for today is Dr Nuncheon's Freeport story hour. I started reading it when I was trimming posts, and it's great! Also, it's nearing completion, for you folks who like everything nice, neat and wrapped up.

http://test.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103

Jarval

Explorer
Lady Despina's Virtue and The Heretic of Wyre are both fantastic. It's the best fantasy fiction I've ever read, simple as that.

jonrog1's DarkMatter d20 storyhour is great fun. I've always a great fondness for this setting, and he's done a good job with it.

And of course, there's RangerWickett's Savannah Knights and Tides of Homeland storyhours. Both seem to have dropped off the boards, but you can find them at his High Fantasy site. These are both great, particularly Savannah Knights. It started me off reading the Story Hour board, and for that I'm eternally grateful :)

Old One

First Post
Reformed Story Hour W*ore...

Life has been so busy lately that it has been tough enough keeping up with my own SH -Faded Glory VII - and I have fallen woefully behind on many of my favorites.

In addition to the big three (Sagiro, Piratecat and Wulf), I really like (in no particular order):

Plane Sailing's - Great body count (although he has gone soft lately:D)

Nemm's - Lots of ticklish moral dilemmas

Posy's - Great slant on first person (er...gnome) narrative

Rel's Faded Glory - Hey, he's using my world...how could I not love it!

Lazybone's - Quite the prolific writer! I still hope Delem comes back as a fiend;)!

Byzantium on the Shannon - Recently returned from a long hiatus and one of my all-time favorites. I think Wayne's Palaestra Setting has a good chance of making it into the magic 10 at WOTC.

I check in on Broc's, Kid Charlemagne's, Wizardru's, jonrog1's and a couple of others from time to time. I really miss Meepo and Tor Bladebearer's SHs.

Based on commentary here, I will definitely have to check out Sepulchrave II's offerings...

~ Old One

Richards

Legend
I'm a big fan of the Knights of the Silver Quill (I hope they start back adventuring soon!), the first story hour I read, and still one of my all-time favorites. Next, I started on (and just recently read to the end) Piratecat's, and have enjoyed it immensely as well. The Crimster did an excellent Champions superhero story hour, Vendetta, but alas that's on hold as well. Now, I'm on page two of Wulf's story hour, and am having a good time reading through his exploits.

Also, I recommend Wicht's Cthulhu short stories. Bite-sized chunks of Lovecraftian goodness!

Those are the only ones I've read so far, as I have to be in the right mood to read lengthy exploits on a computer screen. (I guess I could print them out...)

Johnathan

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Re: Reformed Story Hour W*ore...

Old One said:

In addition to the big three (Sagiro, Piratecat and Wulf), I really like (in no particular order):

:( I remember when (cntxt)'s story hour was considered one of the Big Three! Damn that Wulf! I like him less and less everyday! ;)

Old One

First Post
Re: Re: Reformed Story Hour W*ore...

nemmerle said:

:( I remember when (cntxt)'s story hour was considered one of the Big Three! Damn that Wulf! I like him less and less everyday! ;)

I love (cntxt)'s stuff...but it has been soooooo long;)!

~ Old One

Remove ads