• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Monster Madness (3.5)

Jemal

Adventurer
I don't see any proposed mages yet (Probably b/c it's 3rd lvl), so I'll go ahead and try to claim the spell-castery type spot.

i was hoping someone would ask about a mage,
two shifters will be fine, the group should contain a mark, a hunter and 3-4 blades.also hoping for a healer as well. while alfred can heal, it will be after combat. standard procedure for keepers traveling out side the guild is to activate their amulet of iron maiden if fighting starts.
this amulet when activated will cause an iron maiden to form around the wearer. the spikes are reversed and extend out ward rather then inward. it is 6 inch iron and any physical attacks on it cause half damage agaisnt the attacker. it purifies the air inside it and regulates tempeture. it protects from spells directed at the wearer. spells effect the iron maiden like any object. a swift action to activate or deactivate. cost; bloody dream on
least to say he won't be moving any where.

Bialaska

First Post
i know this will sound strange to those who know me but i would prefer humanoid races for this. non humanoids would have a hard time gaining the guild's trust. thou i like raptorans, flight, even limited as they have at this level, would cause some problems. shifters should be fine, which trait would you be taking? those asking about book of the nine swords should also post what schools they'll be taking manuevers from

My maneuvers will probably be Shadow Hand (fits in with the Invisible Blade) mixed with some Desert Wind and Setting Sun.

The character would hold the role of Blade and the race would be Human or maybe Half-Elf (though most likely human to get the feat so I can fullfill requirements for Invisible Blade easier).

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
reveille- i don't see any real reason you can't, thou i don't see much point exept you would get hide in plain sight 4 level before a ranger would and survival as a class skill

I'd also be giving up sneak attacks for fighter bonus feats.

Have you considered the Scout (from Complete Adventurer)? The scout is kinda the combination of a Ranger and a Rogue, at least in flavor.

I really don't care for the Scout class.

Last edited:

the the rogue varient class you named doesn't do that. there is a different varient that does that. why would a varient that gives you abilities from ranger also give you abilities from fighter, thats crossing three classes.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
the the rogue varient class you named doesn't do that. there is a different varient that does that. why would a varient that gives you abilities from ranger also give you abilities from fighter, thats crossing three classes.

Yeah, the Martial Rogue lets you swap out sneak attack for fighter bonus feats. I'd like to stack the Martial Rogue Varaint onto the Wilderness Rogue variant.

Jemal

Adventurer
question : You were referring to keepers, are those healers, mages, or just generally 'knowledge based' characters? What type of person fills that role?

BTW, I'm thinking of playing a warmage or Wu-Jen (Both from Complete Arcane) if that's ok. :D

Rayex

First Post
How about a Shugenja from Complete Arcane Divine?

A run-away student of the far-away Order of the Tranquil Gardens.
Will chose Water element as focus, and follow the Order of the Gentle Rain.

Edit: With Water element as focus, he will be the healer-type, ofcourse.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
If no raptorans, would a 2nd shifter be fine?

trait beasthide or longstrider.
Disciplines: Tigerclaw, Ironheart (a little bit Stonedragon)

Oops :blush: I meant beasthide or longtooth.

The discipline choices will settle him for 'Blade' status.
He will go with two-handed weapon and perhaps change to / take twf at 6th level, if we play that long (I hope).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads