• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Monster Madness (3.5)

Jemal

Adventurer
Shugenga is Complete Divine, not Arcane. :)

Could be some interesting backstory between us if I took Wu-Jen. :) family perhaps? Or just friends, Travelled together from a far-off land.

keepers are non-combatants, they only leave the guild when their special skills are needed else where. so in short keepers are npcs. healer types that join are grouped under blades, they combat monsters by helping party members stay alive. spell casters that specialize in staying alive might be marks but most dedicated spell casters are blades, this applies to both divine and arcane. shugenga/wu-jen could be intresting.

that makes six players. i'll leave reqruiting open untill sat but start finalizing your characters, i want basic character info; name, lvs, skills taken, feats, spells/manuvers, equipment, backstory. every one has 4000 gold, the guild takes care of you. sat i will anounce who is in or out if some one else posts and i will then put up the rogues gallery.
i am looking for 1 mark, 1 hunter, 4 blades, sat/sun will be yours to work out how well your group knows each other, who's the leader, what are your tactics, any backup plans, standard procedures for various situations.
gaming will start monday

i don't see any problems with taking both variants, but it seems odd. lower base attack then a fighter, none of the ranger abilities eccept at higher lv and you'd be losing rogue ablities, no sneak attack. you'd have skills of a rogue more or less, it's base attack lowest of the three, trap finding, trapsense, and two bonus feats, oh evasion at two rather then 9. if you're going for hunter you'll want track, which is a bonus feat for ranger, seems kinda convolted for minor benifits you'd get almost the same thing with 1 lv of each+ 1d6 sneak -trapsense and evasion

but i do seen some reason there, sorry if i sound critical but i spent to much time playing with people who are to obbsesed with effectiveness not flavor

geogator

First Post
Miranda Steele Barbarian (3), Longstride Shifter Female
Chaotic Good, Age: 17, 6’2”, 175lbs., Blonde Hair, Yellow Eyes

HP: 36 |42| (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1646752/)
AC: 19 |17| (21 |19| w/shield) FF: 19 |17| Touch: 15 |13|
BAB: +3

Description: Tiny beads and bird bones are tied in the multitude of blonde braids atop the head of this tall woman. Pointed and tufted ears sit a little high on her head. Her nearly glowing yellow eyes have the distinct slit of a feline. Soft golden hair dangles in a razor from her forearms. She is pretty and immensely feral. Carefully crafted studded leather covers her body in the traditional look of legionnaires. She is armed to the teeth and looks to be built for speed. When approached she is quiet and unassuming not shy, just reserved. When called to action she is decisive and a little reckless.

Str: 16 +3 | 20 +5|
Dex: 20 +5 [22 +6]
Con: 14 +2 |18 +4|
Int: 8 -1
Wis: 14 +2
Chr: 10 -

Fort: +5 |+7|
Reflex: +6 [+7]
Will: +3 |+5|
Speed: 40 [60]

Feats: Longstride Elite (Eb 57), Shifter Ferocity (Eb 60)

Class & Racial Abilities: Fast Movement, Illiteracy, Rage 1/day |lasts 7 rounds|, Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense (+1), Shifting 2/day [lasts 7 rounds/9 when raging], Low-Light Vision, +2 Skills (Balance, Climb, and Jump), Languages: Common

Skills:
Survival 6+2=8
Listen 6+2=8
Climb 6+3+2=11 |6+5+2=13|
Jump 6+3+2=11 |6+5+2=13|

Equipment:
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000g)
Masterworked Composite Longbow (+3 str) (+9 [+10] to hit 1d8+3 x3) (1000g)
40 Arrrows (2g)
Masterworked Heavy Flail (+7 |+9| to hit 1d10+4|+7| 19-20/x2) (315g)
Masterworked Studded Leather (+3 AC +5 max Dex +/-0 Armor Check) (175g)
Masterworked Light Pick (+7 |+9| to hit 1d4+3|+5| x4) (304g)
Heavy Steel Shield (+2 AC -2 Armor Check) (20g)
Crowbar (2g)
Caltrops x20 (20g)
Backpack (2g)
Winter Blanket (.5g)
Tent (10g)
50ft Silk Rope (10g)
Grappling Hook (1g)
Climbers Kit (80g)
Signal Whistle (.8g)
Spade (2g)
Fishing Net (4g)
Gold 41
Silver 7

History:
Miranda heralds from a pride of shifters that roam the plains and grasslands. The grand majority of the shifters in her pride were of feline decent. Their community tended to fall along the instincts and she was brought up as a hunter. Her mother, Erika Steele, taught her of the hunt. Erika insisted Miranda learn the ways of stealth and surprise. Miranda was impetuous and would not conform to the ways of the pride. She saw a better way to hunt. She was just faster than her prey. This would never do for the pride as Miranda could take down only one prey and the hunter party needed to take many for the pride to survive. Miranda was ruining the hunts. The pride had a council and Erika wept the day her daughter was cast out of the pride.
Miranda could survive by herself. She did so for a year or so before running into a hunting party of the Huntsman Guild. She watched them. She took care to see how they worked as a unit to bring down a snarling fleshbeast that snapped with diseased fangs. She knew not why they would eat such a thing so she approached and asked them. The informed her of their duty to kill beasts that harmed the cycle of living. She was impressed and sought about applying to the guild.
She is young and curious with a brave heart and she now serves the guild as an agile mark. Her feral instincts and speed prove to be of great use. She enjoys her place as a Mark. It gives her a way to prove to her mother that she was right. Too bad Erika may never know.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Romulus

Str: 18 +4
Dex: 16 +3
Con: 16 +3
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 10 -
Chr: 10 -

Fort: +6
Reflex: +5
Will: +2
Speed: 30

Feats: Beasthide Elite, Healing Factor

Class & Racial Abilities:
Shifting
Low-Light Vision
+2 Skills (Balance, Climb, and Jump)
Languages: Common

Battle Clarity (int to reflex saves)
Weapon Aptitude (chnage target of weaponspecific feats)
Uncanny Dodge
Battle Ardor (int to critical confirmation)

Skills: (Ranks only)
Balance: +12 (5 ranks + 3 dex + 2 racial + 2 syn)
Climb: +11 (5 ranks + 4 str + 2 racial)
Intimidate: +7 (7 ranks + 0 char)
Jump: +15 (7 ranks + 4 str + 2 racial + 2 syn)
Tumble: +12 (7 ranks + 3 dex + 2 syn)
Swim: +6 (4 ranks + 4 str)

Maneuvers
:
Known:
Claw at the Moon
Suddenleap
Steel Wind
Douse the Flames
Leading the Attack

Stances:
Hunter's Sense
Punishing Stance

Equipment: (2.700g)
Ring of Protection +1 (2000g)
Longbow (75g)
40 Arrrows (2g)
MW Chainshirt (250g)
Longsword (15g)
Dagger (2g)
Morningstar (8g)
Darkwood Heavy shield (257g)

Caltrops x20 (20g)
Backpack (2g)
Winter Blanket (.5g)
Tent (10g)
50ft Silk Rope (10g)
Grappling Hook (1g)
Signal Whistle (.8g)
Spade (2g)
Fishing Net (4g)

remaining: 40,7

Background:
Romulus is made of stern stuff. He is not foolish, but he's not afraid to test his mettle and resourcefulness against any foe. If he is told a foe is beyond his ability to defeat, he needs more evidence than merely the claim.
Once Romulus is actually embroiled in a conflict, he prefers a quick, urgent battle cry before he unleashes his strongest maneuvers. Protcted by his tough hide, he feels ready to fight any mortal creature.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Could be some interesting backstory between us if I took Wu-Jen. :) family perhaps? Or just friends, Travelled together from a far-off land.

Sounds good! I was thinking of probably going witha Human. I guess elf or half-elf is viable as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads