• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Monster Madness (3.5)

geogator

First Post
Actually I think I messed up on one thing...

The Heavy Flail is a 2hander so it should be 1.5x strength bonus to damage...

I will fix it.. :)

Also, while I was working this afternoon I had an idea. Is it possible to buy small bells to tie on the shafts of the arrows. That way any "prey" I hit will have a jingling bell on it warning the trappers when it is coming. Kind of a "here it comes boys!" You can thank the jingling keys in my pocket for that idea as I was dodging traffic while running around down town.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, while I was working this afternoon I had an idea. Is it possible to buy small bells to tie on the shafts of the arrows. That way any "prey" I hit will have a jingling bell on it warning the trappers when it is coming. Kind of a "here it comes boys!" You can thank the jingling keys in my pocket for that idea as I was dodging traffic while running around down town.

Arrows don't actually stick into people in D&D unless you've found some special arrows with rules that do that. Most arrow hits are (Like any other damage) Near misses and scratches, showing the slow decay of Hit Points until the final blow or blows strikes true, felling the person.

Think of it this way: A mid-lvl fighter could have over a hundred hit points. Do you think that really means he could have 20 arrows sticking through him and still be able to function normally?

geogator

First Post
In 'fantasy', yes. I have never liked the idea of increasing hitpoint totals by vast amounts anyway. If I ever had a complaint with the general structure of D&D it was that. However, you answer does make sense.

Bialaska

First Post
Takashiro Maki
Female Human (eastern) Sword Sage 3
[SBLOCK=Basic information]
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Height: 4’9
Weight: 98 lb
Skin color: Golden/yellowish
Hair: Black, very long, but tied up in twin buns
Eyes: Dark brown[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Attributes, feats & skills]
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 18 (+4), Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+2), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 14 (+2)
SQ: discipline focus (Weapon Focus- Shadow Hand), AC Bonus, Quick to Act +1
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Shadow Blade, Two Weapon Fighting
Skills: Balance +8 (4 ranks), Climb +4 (4 ranks), Craft (Weapons) +6 (4 ranks), Heal +5 (2 ranks), Hide +10 (6 ranks), Jump +4 (4 ranks), Knowledge (history) +4 (2 ranks), Knowledge (local) +3 (1 rank), Knowledge (nature) +4 (2 ranks), Martial Lore +6 (4 ranks), Move Silently +10 (6 ranks), Ride +7 (3 ranks), Swim +4 (4 ranks), Tumble +10 (6 ranks)
Languages Eastern, Common, Elven
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Combat stats]AC: 21 (+4 Dex, 4 elven chain shirt, +3 Wisdom), touch 17, flat-footed 17
Hp: 20 (3d8+3)
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6

Init +4; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)

Melee: Kodachi +1 (to hit +8, damage 1d6+1, 1d6+5 in a Shadow Hand stance; +6 to hit when dual wielding), Dagger (to hit +7, damage 1d4, 1d4+4 in a Shadow Hand stance, +5 to hit when dual wielding)
Ranged: Dagger (to hit +7, damage 1d4)
Base Atk: +2; Grp +2

Atk Options: Swordsage maneuvers
[/SBLOCK]

Equipment: Kodachi (shortsword) +1 (2300), Elven Chain Shirt (1100), 1 vial of Silversheen (250), Light Warhorse(150), Military Saddle (60), 10 daggers, 130 gp

[SBLOCK=Maneuvers/Stances]Maneuvers and Stances (8 known, 5 readied, 2 stances)
Stances
Island of Blades
Child of Shadows

Boosts
Burning Blade
Distracting Ember
Wind Stride

Counter
Counter-Charge

Strike
Clinging Shadow Strike
Shadow Blade Technique
Mighty Throw

Special
Shadow Jaunt[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Background]Maki grew up in a family famous for their sword arts and she herself followed in the footsteps of both of her parents and most of her grandparents and so forth. Her talent was considerable and at the age of 12, she was as skilled as most of her father’s students who were a decade or more her senior.
It was at the age of 16, after her mother approved of her talents and allowed her to go on a journey to achieve true masterhood of the blade.
She met up with a pair of other travelers and eventually followed them into the west, where she had heard of the Elven Blademasters and their blade masteries achieved through centuries of dedication.[/SBLOCK]

Note: Maki is still young and while dedicated to achieve her goal eventually, she’s currently far more focused on the present, in particular one of the other players, as she has developed a crush on him (most likely one of her fellow travelers), which also explains why she’s part of the guild, working as a blade, rather than being a lone wolf.

Last edited:

bialaska- initiative should be +5 you forgot quick to act, and remember shadow blade only applies to melee attacks, you won't get the bonus damage to daggers if you throw them

Jemal

Adventurer
I think I've decided to go with a Gray-Elf Warmage. (Gray-elves are MM pg 104. no LA, +2 int/-2 Str in addition to normal elf stats.

Also, how're we doing HP?

Last edited:

i got no problems with a war mage but do remember they are not party friendly. gey elf is fine, hp just use invisible castle to roll
come on people lets post i anounce who's in on sat and if i don't get a basic view of your charaters stats and story i won't know what you want to be. looks like bialaska will be getting the mark if no one comes up with a character i like better for the position

Rayex

First Post
Here's the Number Crunch I got so far. Will update more later today!

[sblock=I'kee]
I'kee

Male Human Shugenja

Alignment: Neutral
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Base Speed:
Space: 5ft.
Reach: 5ft.

Str: 10
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 18

HP: 10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1649080/

AC: / /

Saves:
Fortitude: +3 (1base + 2con)
Reflex: +4 (1base + 3dex)
Will: +4 (3base + 1wis)

Init:

Base attack bonus: +1

Attack:

Spells:
Order: Order of the Gentle Rain
CL: 3
DC: 10 + spell level + 4cha + 1for all Water Elemental spells.
Spells per Day: 6/6
Spells Known: 0+3+2/0+2+1
0: Cure Minor wounds + Create Water, Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink + Mage Hand, Ghost Sound
1: Cure Light Wounds + Bless, Obscuring Mist + Sanctuary

Skills:
Skill points: 42
Max Skill Ranks: 6
Concentration [6ranks + 2con]
Diplomacy [6ranks + 4cha]
Heal [6ranks + 1wis]
Knowledge (Religion) [6ranks + 2int]
Knowledge (History) [6ranks + 2int]
Knowledge (The Planes) [6ranks + 2int]
Spellcraft [6ranks + 2int]

Feats: