[recruiting maybe] Simple Superheroes - Artifice City

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
So, I'm going instead with a telekinetic 'superman' style. By superman I mean both in demeanor and power set. He uses his telekinesis to duplicate superstrength, invulnerability, flight, etc.
Paragon
Neat concept.

So whadaya guys think, do you want a crippled black atheist who was turned into superman by a cosmic entity that may or may not be God? Or should I stick with the alien thing?

I could go either way on this. I would be slightly concerned that we might be touching some 'real world religious issues' that might offend some folks. I believe we are supposed to avoid this on these boards . . .
I'm pretty religious and I'm not at all easy to offended, but I'm not sure that's what is relevant here.

NOW, Rules Questions for Thondor:
First off, I notice most characters have letters next to their talents (Emphasis mine)
snip
So.. what up wit dat?

The 'letters' next to the Talents are the talents Intent. The standard intents are as follows:
Offensive [O]
Defensive [D]
Functional [F]
Reactive [R] - reactive Talents respond to a Trigger, allowing the character to cause something to happen 'out-of-sequence'. The Trigger by definition should be narrow.

Non-standard Intents:
Time [T]
Potency [P]
Hard-Tech [H]

Time and Potency are often used for characters like Yarko the Great who can 'cast any spell' or gadgeter characters who can 'build anything.' Its also how you can handle a green-lantern type concept.

Hard-Tech is an additional designation. A Talent will have one of the 'standard' intents as well as the Hard-tech intent eg [FH]. Hard-tech Talents cannot be pushed by Strainpoints and are more likely to be damaged or malfunction. They do however have one situation where they excel such as body-armor being especially good at blocking bullets. In this one situation they gain a rank/die.

Second, I view Lincolns Telekinesis as being kind of a 'pool' of power that he draws from when he needs to enhance one thing over another. Could that be represented by buying my 'main' powers (Strength, force field, flight) as talents, and then assigning the rest to just 'telekinesis A, telekinesis b' or some such, and having a lot of pooling options, or is there another way to represent that?

Third, What exactly is the superpower finesse about?

I grouped these questions together because they are sort of related.

It really depends on what exactly you mean by "enhance one thing over another." There is already a mechanic in place that serves as a 'pool' of energy that you can use to boost your existing abilities, or to do something that you don't really have a Talent for. It is called Strainpoints. You could take a Talent that boosts your Strainpoints, or even add a new telekinesis pool (based on a Talent) that functions like strain but points can only be spent to boosts your telekinesis.

When you don't really have an appropriate Talent, but your 'power' suggests that you could maybe do something, you can 'exceed your limits' by spending Strainpoints (2) and rolling your Superpower Finesse.
A Telekinetic who can't normally block out air (they have no Talent indicating they can do so) might try to do so by 'exceeding limits'.
The short version is Superpower finesse rates how many closely related Talents a character has. This is a guide to how flexible the character is in general with their power and allows them to 'exceed limits'.

Why did I group these together? Because the solution for your character is probably spending Strainpoints to boosts existing Talents as well as to exceed limits.

Are there other possible ways to "enhance one thing over another?" Yes . . .

Fourth, how do we represent non-power abilities (What other systems tend to call SKILLS, like technology usage, knowledges, acrobatics, etc).. They're not all just talents are they? That would seem to indicate a VERY focused system with no room for heroes that are good at more than one or two things. If I was to use the 'standard' array, I'd probably have something like 'strength 4, Force field 4, Telekinesis 3, Flight 3' at the very least to represent my actual powers, which would only leave 3 2-ranks for utility and skills..

There are only Talents. A rank 2 displays significant professional skill or Olympic level physical ability. You can always role 1 die for anything a (average) human can do, you do not need a Talent to do so.

The system leaves lots of room for character advancement. You are meant to be left wanting more, you aren't suppose to have enough Talents to cover everything.

Thondor

By that logic, it is most decidedly not good to go to work for the simple and sole reason of getting paid.
Doing something for the sole reason of its benefit to you is not good.

The Ultimate Good Act requires sacrificing something (often just your time) for the sole purpose of benefiting someone else -- with an important caveat -- no one besides yourself can be inconvenienced or hurt by your action.

The altruistic joy found in performing Ultimate Good Acts, does not lessen the fact that it was good.

Are there lots of actions that don't quite reach the status of "Ultimate Good Act" that might still be considered good? Sure. But you are going to get debate on any of those.

Anyway . . .

Anyways, what shall I bring? The plant, the robot or the Manathingy?

It depends if you want a team full of conceptual diversity or you'd like some common themes. The plant would be diverse. The robot would have some commonality with Dr. Nexus, while the Manathingy would have some commonality with Yarko.

fireinthedust

Explorer
2. Morphic form is primarily a weakness, you can probably have a two there. I would suggest something like 'alien biology' which would protect you from things like intoxicants and similar, particularly if they are designed to effect humans. The idea you currently have of 'reforming' after anything (eventually) is probably a little strong.

3. We may wish to discuss the hard-tech designation a little more. Each hard-tech talent needs a narrow circumstance where you get a bonus die for each. So do you have some ideas for these?

4. At 3 cavorite flightshould befairly limited, so what are it's drawbacks? slow? actvation round,etc ?

1. Done. Lowered Strength. I kind of want to change it to "tractr beam", so he's not "sullying his hands". What do you think?

2. Reformation: Well, I figure it's a slow regeneration, but outsideof combat. Maybe not "anything", like Lava or major energy, but something like being punched by the hulk and he'd sloooowly reconstitute.

3. Hmmm, can I have some examples? Like, the strength (or tractor beam) could have a bonus die for lifting?

4. Flight: Cavorite, as everyone knows, is pushed away by gravity (see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen tpb 1... because it's great). Therefore, maybe strong force can knockback very easily while he's flying: his mass is compensated for, and while small thrusters can adjust his movement, a big push wil treat him like he's much lower mass. So if he gets hit, he'll probably fall or crash (thus having reconstitution will be a very handy trait).

Zerith's Anti-hero: Like Thondor said, you've done a great job with design, and the mechanics make sense (the Ichor would be a reaction to being attacked, nice thought; I'd say use a Strain point to activate, I've found in my own system design that reactions are powerful (ie: you're getting a free attack anytime someone tries to hit you, not just if they do hit you, which is way more than one attack on your turn)). he looks fantastic... but imo not for this game. I, as a player, definitely want good guys with a strong superhero theme. Dr. Nexus is more along the lines of Mr Fantastic than Superman, but he's definitely pro-humanity.

Jemal: Love your hero. I'd go 1950s: cosmic radiation, accident of science, 5th dimensional imp, struck by lightning, found the helmet of mercury... Dr Nexus was grabbed by mars attacks aliens and transformed. Heck, your guy could have been part of a WW2 super soldier program and experimented on. I'd prefer we stay away from religion, as I'm also religious and aside from the Diablo series of video games, it's tiresome playing games with too strong a heaven/hell theme (but I totally am all Voltaire on up in your right to free speech/beliefs/etc.:p), but that's me.

Jemal

Adventurer
Neat concept.
<Snip>
I could go either way on this. I would be slightly concerned that we might be touching some 'real world religious issues' that might offend some folks. I believe we are supposed to avoid this on these boards . . .
I'm pretty religious and I'm not at all easy to offended, but I'm not sure that's what is relevant here.
fireinthedust said:
Jemal: Love your hero. I'd go 1950s: cosmic radiation, accident of science, 5th dimensional imp, struck by lightning, found the helmet of mercury... Dr Nexus was grabbed by mars attacks aliens and transformed. Heck, your guy could have been part of a WW2 super soldier program and experimented on. I'd prefer we stay away from religion, as I'm also religious and aside from the Diablo series of video games, it's tiresome playing games with too strong a heaven/hell theme (but I totally am all Voltaire on up in your right to free speech/beliefs/etc.), but that's me.
Thank you both for the compliments :D

As stated, if there was any opposition to the Religious thing I'd drop it, so consider it dropped.

I do like the "Cosmic Entity" background, anyways. Makes it feel like he was 'chosen' for being super-good despite all the crap life's thrown at him, like the Superman(Planet dun blowed up) or Cap America vibe. I wanted to stay away from the super-soldier serum b/c that's a bit TOO Captain for me, plus being the 1950's and him being a "Colored Cripple", I don't see him getting chosen for such an Honor by the guv'ment.

It really depends on what exactly you mean by "enhance one thing over another." There is already a mechanic in place that serves as a 'pool' of energy that you can use to boost your existing abilities, or to do something that you don't really have a Talent for. It is called Strainpoints. You could take a Talent that boosts your Strainpoints, or even add a new telekinesis pool (based on a Talent) that functions like strain but points can only be spent to boosts your telekinesis.

Why did I group these together? Because the solution for your character is probably spending Strainpoints to boosts existing Talents as well as to exceed limits.
By 'enhance' I meant basically he has a lot of TK power, and he generally splits it between his strength, mobility, and Defense, but has some left over that he can use either as regular 'TK', or to 'boost' what he needs when the situation arises. Not by 'trying harder' (Which is what strain points seem to be) but by Allocating that remaining energy - Some times he needs the extra strength, sometimes the extra defense, sometimes some extra speed. That seems to be the standard 'pooling' as I said, I was just wondering if there was a better way to represent that.

I like the idea for the 'extra Telekinesis based strain points'. How would that work? A bonus strain point or two each rank?
OR, perhaps a "TK POOL" power that can ONLY be used for Pooling, but can be used a few times for the same pool rather than just the once you can normally pool something (Since that's all it's used for)?

When you don't really have an appropriate Talent, but your 'power' suggests that you could maybe do something, you can 'exceed your limits' by spending Strainpoints (2) and rolling your Superpower Finesse.
A Telekinetic who can't normally block out air (they have no Talent indicating they can do so) might try to do so by 'exceeding limits'.
The short version is Superpower finesse rates how many closely related Talents a character has. This is a guide to how flexible the character is in general with their power and allows them to 'exceed limits'.
Hmmm... does this mean that we have to specify exactly what each of our talents is capable of and if we forget to mention something it can't do that? Or is the 'cant normally block out air' a specific limit/weakness imposed as an example, and we specify what we CANT do, then use strain to exceed THOSE limits?
IE: If I have a Telekinetic shield, do I have to say "Stop Bullets, Knives, Fire, Lightning, etc" or "Doesn't stop Cold"?
Does every particular power have a weakness?
IE 2: if someone has an "Impervious 5" power, doesn't that seem to imply that it stops everything harmful, or do you have to say it doesn't apply to some things?

Essentially, what I'm asking is : Are limits Explicit (We have to say what they are) or Implicit (whatever makes sense).

Still having some problems with the actual character creation - it's not difficult or anything, it's just.. very different from any of the other systems I've made. I've never had much trouble stating a character before. I think it's part of the "completely open yet narrowly focused" vibe I get from the talent system.

Also the fact that the difference between each rank seems vast - 1 rank = normal human, 2 ranks = Olympian Expert.. not much room for "Kinda good at X, better than Most people at Y", it's "Average>Awesome>Super-Powered".. Just throwing me a bit.

EDIT:
Hmm, You said that we could use 'broad' talents but that they're weaker than normal talents. Could I use a Broad rank 2 talent to represent several talents that should be better than average but aren't quite good enough to represent full-on Rank 2 talents in themselves? Such as "Rank 2: War Veteran" usable for anything related to being a Vet? He's not 'Expert' at any of them, but he's definitely better at, say - spotting ambushes or hand to hand fighting than Joe the grocery clerk.

For example, say he gets to role 2 dice (Like a rank 2) but only KEEP/Use/Count(whatever you call it) one of them?
This would make him a bit better than a single dice(2 chances to roll higher, but still only one 'success' possible), but still not quite as good as 2 full dice (only keeping 1 dice means that even if his highest beats the 2 rank's highest, the 2-rank still has a second un-opposed dice which will win if it's not a 1 or 2).
Am I getting how the rolls work correct? Would this work?

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
System difference: Honestly, this system is so like the one I've been designing (and Thondor, if you're in Toronto, we should go for Coffee; I want to show you the draft I did before I read your stuff. There some stuff your system doesn't do that mine does, and things yours does that didn't occur to me. I called my talents "power dice pools", for example).

In a way, d20 does this with Fighter combat feats: you've got your general fighty-ness (like Talent Finesse), but specific things you can do with it (like Power Attack, etc.). M&M does this with specific powers, they're just build a given way (ie: blast +10 or +5 is a blast, but you've got a descriptor (fire or cold), and a general idea of what you can do with it); but you don't have flight unless you spend PP on that as a linked power.

Telekinetic Reserve: I think Jemal means he wants to have low-ish specific telekinetic powers (ie: flight, invulnerability, strength, punch, cosmic blasts), but a dice pool called "telekinetic reserve" that can be rolled alongside whatever other power he wants. However, it should be for both the defensive and offensive powers, so he can either hit hard in the round, or take a hit, but never both.

Experimentation: realistically, do you think WW2-era scientists *wouldn't* use black guys as test subjects? At least if it was a deadly process? Maybe, maybe not. That is a bit bleak, though, I suppose.

Cosmic entity: sounds good. Would I be right in picturing this person as a sort of Galactus/New Gods Kirby-esque entity? Or like the Guardians of Oa from Green Lantern?

Thondor

1. Done. Lowered Strength. I kind of want to change it to "tractr beam", so he's not "sullying his hands". What do you think?
Still looks like a 3 to me . . .
Tractor beam would be neat. Though it would be a little powerful at rank 2. You also should have some limitation -- can it only pull things towards Doctor Nexus?

2. Reformation: Well, I figure it's a slow regeneration, but outsideof combat. Maybe not "anything", like Lava or major energy, but something like being punched by the hulk and he'd sloooowly reconstitute.
Hmm, I'm having trouble understanding your point here. Considering it doesn't really give him much benefit, you could just use Strainpoint expenditure to avoid 'death' and use your morphic nature as the 'colour' to explain how you survived.
I think he needs to have a Talent that indicates that he does not have normal human physiology, and while he has almost no control over his form (currently this is something he could develop as he advances) having an alien physiology can protect him in some circumstances.

3. Hmmm, can I have some examples? Like, the strength (or tractor beam) could have a bonus die for lifting?

Yes for strength - probably not for tractor beam (in the later case it seems to broad.)

Some hard-tech 'purpose' examples:

Tractor beam- Nexus's tractor beam can effect almost any non-liquid substance. It's primary purpose is to pull metallic objects, it acts one rank higher when doing so.

Artifice Armour- Nexus' armor can repel all sorts of physical attacks but is especially good at deflecting bullets. It acts as one rank higher protecting him form bullets.

4. Flight: Cavorite, as everyone knows, is pushed away by gravity (see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen tpb 1... because it's great). Therefore, maybe strong force can knockback very easily while he's flying: his mass is compensated for, and while small thrusters can adjust his movement, a big push wil treat him like he's much lower mass. So if he gets hit, he'll probably fall or crash (thus having reconstitution will be a very handy trait).
Sounds viable :)

Zerith's Anti-hero: Like Thondor said, you've done a great job with design, and the mechanics make sense (the Ichor would be a reaction to being attacked, nice thought; I'd say use a Strain point to activate, I've found in my own system design that reactions are powerful (ie: you're getting a free attack anytime someone tries to hit you, not just if they do hit you, which is way more than one attack on your turn)).
We would have spent some time tweaking Harbringer . . . but I believe we are moving on.

Thondor

OK lots to cover here, might not get to it all in one post.

By 'enhance' I meant basically he has a lot of TK power, and he generally splits it between his strength, mobility, and Defense, but has some left over that he can use either as regular 'TK', or to 'boost' what he needs when the situation arises. Not by 'trying harder' (Which is what strain points seem to be) but by Allocating that remaining energy - Some times he needs the extra strength, sometimes the extra defense, sometimes some extra speed. That seems to be the standard 'pooling' as I said, I was just wondering if there was a better way to represent that.
We could devise another way - but I am not sure we need to.
There is the limitation that you can normally only pool 2 particular Talents together once per confrontation. If you wanted to be able to do it more than once, we could have a particular Talent that could be pooled more often with your TK talents, say twice, but couldn't actually be used on its own.

I like the idea for the 'extra Telekinesis based strain points'. How would that work? A bonus strain point or two each rank?
The standard is to gain 1 positive and 1 negative strain for each rank above 1. So a Toughness 3 - Extra Strain [F] would give your character 8 Strainpoints instead of the regular 6, and his negative 1 would repeat twice.
(eg his strain pool would go 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0,-1,-1,-1,-2,-3,-4,-5,-6)
You need to roll to stay conscious every time you take an action once you are in the negatives.

Alternatively you could have a 'Telekinetic Energy points' say Might 3- Telekinetic energy [F]. we could have that give you a pool of 4 points. It would function much like strainpoints, but would ONLY be able to enhance your TK Talents. The advantage here? No chance of falling unconscious.

Hmmm... does this mean that we have to specify exactly what each of our talents is capable of and if we forget to mention something it can't do that? Or is the 'cant normally block out air' a specific limit/weakness imposed as an example, and we specify what we CANT do, then use strain to exceed THOSE limits?
IE: If I have a Telekinetic shield, do I have to say "Stop Bullets, Knives, Fire, Lightning, etc" or "Doesn't stop Cold"?
IE 2: if someone has an "Impervious 5" power, doesn't that seem to imply that it stops everything harmful, or do you have to say it doesn't apply to some things?

Essentially, what I'm asking is : Are limits Explicit (We have to say what they are) or Implicit (whatever makes sense).

The explicit assumption of the game is that Talents are narrow. There are no defensive talents that will protect you from all kinds of attack, and their are no attacks that can effect everything.

Limits are implicit, but it is best practice to highlight some of them in the descriptive/discussion text.

I'll add more to this with some examples later.

Thondor

I'm going to heavily frag Jemal's last post, hopefully this will provide some clarity.

IE: If I have a Telekinetic shield, do I have to say "Stop Bullets, Knives, Fire, Lightning, etc"
If you said all these things, I would say "Your Talent is doding to much" talents are meant to be narrow.

do I have to say X or "Doesn't stop Cold"?
If it "doesn't stop cold" it probably doesn't stop heat either and potentially other things as well, such as light, sound and air.
Saying both what a Talent is best at, an its limitations in the description are both useful. In person much less discription is needed, these things can be covered simply by talking them through. Many limitations will be obvious, a fist cannot hit someone 300ft away.
You can always take another Talent that makes your protective fields 'airtight' or whatnot.

Every Talent has limitations and players are encourage to think about what those limitations are.

Conceptually I would say "5- Impervious skin" protects from physical trama. But not from heat, sound, gases, etc. A second talent like 'Tempered skin' could be used to protect from "energy" attacks.
5- Impervious Bubble should protect you from a tazer because the prodes (probably not the right word) can't reach you, but Impervious skin wouldn't.
Are 5- Impervious skin and 4 - tempered skin character would be able to handle almost any dangerous substance with his bare hands, while someone with indentical "bubble" talents wouldn't have that advantage.

Still having some problems with the actual character creation - it's not difficult or anything, it's just.. very different from any of the other systems I've made. I've never had much trouble stating a character before. I think it's part of the "completely open yet narrowly focused" vibe I get from the talent system.

Games like Superheroes Unleashed place are a high-trust game. Meaning you need to trust me, the GM, to make fair judgements on what you can and cannot do. At the same time the GM needs to trust that the players won't try to make the "ultimate character" and that they won't be to frustrated when he makes judgements that they disagree with.
Its all part of the social contract that all RPG's require. In games like Superheroes Unleashed its just a little heightened.

Also the fact that the difference between each rank seems vast - 1 rank = normal human, 2 ranks = Olympian Expert.. not much room for "Kinda good at X, better than Most people at Y", it's "Average>Awesome>Super-Powered".. Just throwing me a bit.
With superheroes you are either great or its not worth mentioning. There are minor things that individuals can have as part of the 'colour' of their character, they just don't get mechanical benefits for them.
I would say the progression is Average>Great>Awesome>Super>Super-duper. ;)

Hmm, You said that we could use 'broad' talents but that they're weaker than normal talents. Could I use a Broad rank 2 talent to represent several talents that should be better than average but aren't quite good enough to represent full-on Rank 2 talents in themselves? Such as "Rank 2: War Veteran" usable for anything related to being a Vet?
snip
What you've outlined is possible. However I'd recommend that you just use Brains or Senses 2- War Veteran [F]. You can pool this every now and then (effectively letting you cover the situations you outlined), and might also use it for general military knowledge and status.
Let's keep it simple.

Zerith

First Post
I would work on Harbinger again; I like his character :3(why else would I ask to use him?)
but I think you're over playing the usefulness of ichor; in a 1v1? YEP! flamboyantly powerfu(even over powered)l for a rank 2 ability! in a team fight however it's a liability, it's close range, and can let an enemy with a weak (1 die) attack turn their attack into an AoE, for free! further do to it procing whenever he uses his ranged attack, he has to remove himself from allies to avoid nuking them; alot.

But, as a rank 2 reaction ability, it basicly gos off just two times, once during his turn as he uses W.o.M. on something, then when he first gets attacked. as for an SP cost, he has to give up LP and or get attacked. to use it, hardly game braking.
Game is team based, thus his penalty comes at the cost of synergy, name someone who can work well with him beyond him being scary.

Anyways, Why has no one said what they would like to see finished? I don't know what way to go! T_T
(thus I'm working on alot of character ideas! XD)

So yeah, You get things like This when you don't say somthin' :p
[Sblock=Zeta WiP]Talents
Accuracy:
Mobility:
Toughness: 5-Zinith Armor[H, D] 3-Redundancy[D] 2-Renforced Boilers[H, D] Emergency Valve[H, F]
Might: 4-Steam Engine[H, F] 2-Cannon Fist[H, O]
Brains: 3-Mechanical Genius[F]
Senses: -Steam Cloud

Superpower Finesse: Pending

Weakness:
Clunky: Zeta is by no means the one turned to first when finesses is remotely needed, loud when idle, and more likely to throttle something then simply grab it when ‘at steam’
Steam Cloud: Zeta constantly spews steam, the amount depending on how hot his boilers are, obscuring vision in his area, including his own. (his vizier can be fogged up by his own steam cloud).
Superheavy: weighing in at 914 pounds, at a mere 4’7”, Zeta needs solid footing to be affective, and sinks faster than a brick
Steam management: Zeta is steam powered, and the more steam points he has, the greater his strength, and yet, too much steam pressure is highly dangerous
Boiler fire: Zeta’s boiler needs to stay alight in order to produce more steam

Lifepoints: 8
Strainpoints: 6
Steampoints: 4
Boilerpoints: 2

Relations: 2-True past, 1-the nature of his soul, 1-pending

Description of Talents:

Zenith Armor: Zeta’s armored shell is amazingly strong, shrugging off blows, and impacts, of staggering strength.
Zeta can literally out right ignore most, conventional, attacks like punches from normal people*, machinegun fire, etcetera, but is still vulnerable to more powerful attacks like blows from particularly strong foes and heavier, anti-armor, munitions. Towards the latter, Zenith Armor is considered a rank 3 talent.
Once breached, however, it is always possible to simply hit through the gap…
[*And any one ‘smart’ enough to simply punch him would likely find it a memorable experience.]

Redundancy: Zeta’s body was mad with a wealth of redundant systems that are dormant until needed.
+2 LP, increased strength when steam level is above normal (5+)

Steam Engine: Zeta’s body is entirely reliant on steam power, and its boilers were made to provied amble supply. The boilers (three of them no less), provide an overabundance, far more then Zeta can practically use, or vent while in motion.
At the start of each (combat) round, Zeta rolls Xd6, rolls of 4+ add one steampoint each. After rolling these, Zeta may choose to decrease the number of dice by one or increase them by up to 3 (afecting his future steam rolls). Zeta starts combat, unless otherwise noted, producing 2 steam dice at the start of his turn with an initial pool of 4
[sblock=steampoint explanation]
Zeta uses 1 steampoint at the end of each turn for normal operation, 2 for combat performance(requiring steampoints to be at 4 or higher) and 1 more if Cannon Fist was used.
Beneficial aspects of steam points are tailed after he rolls for steam, over presser is applied at the very end of his turn.

At:
0≥ Steampoints: Zeta can’t move or otherwise act.
1-3 Steampoints: Zeta is generally impaired: Cannon Fist is unavailable, his strength becomes subpar and his location becomes sluggish.
4-7 Steampoints: Zeta is operating within normal parameters.
8-11 Steampoints: Zeta is operating at full steam, His Strength is increased, Cannon fist is considered a rank higher. Overpressure is at rank one.
12-14 Steampoints: Zeta is redlined, operating within a hair’s birth of critical failure, Zeta’s Strength is massively bolstered, his body becomes, for to him, light and agile and swift, Cannon Fist is considered two ranks higher. Overpressure is rank two.
15≤ Steampoints: Zeta is well beyond critical levels, his movements are sudden and imprecise, his strength reaches an unmanageable zenith, and Cannon Fist is considered 3 ranks higher. Overpressure is at rank five.
[sblock= Overpressure]
After ending his turn, Zeta rolls( affective Overpresser rank) dice on the Boiler Overpresser chart, taking the most extreme/highest roll.

1: Zeta manages to vent just enough to perform controlled vent, reducing his steampoints to 11.
2: Zeta manages to vent just enough to prevent a mishap; nothing happens.
3: Zeta is hit with (affective Overpresser rank) dice and may only resist with Reinforced Boilers.
4: Zeta emergency vents* at then end of his turn.
5: Zeta is hit with (affective Overpresser rank) dice and may only resist with Reinforced Boilers; in addition, Zeta emergency vents* at the end of his turn.
6: Zeta’s systems are ravaged as he fails to vent enough steam: Zeta is hit with (affective Overpresser rank) dice, thrice, is reduced to -3 steampoints, and may only produce up to 3 steam dice each turn
[*See Emergency Valve][/sblock][/sblock]
Reinforced Boilers: Zeta’s Boilers are heavily reinforced to withstand immense steam-pressure. Grants Zeta two Boiler points, and lowers his affective Overpressure rank by one.
Boiler points can be used to change one die, rolled on the Boiler Overpressure chart, into a natural 1, each.

Emergency Valve: Zeta Dumps all steam reserves, going to -15 steampoints and droping to 0 steam dice per round.

Mechanical genius: Zeta is by no means a slouch when mechanical knowledge is neede: he excels in the ‘practical’ application of mechanics; fine-tuning, repairing and improving his body being but one of the applications.

Steam cloud: Zeta Produces steam constantly, effects left up to G.M., the more Steampoints rise and in congested areas, the steam becomes thinker faster, in more open areas, and relatively low Steampoints, the steam’s vision hampering effect is superficial.

Cannon Fist: Zeta Can fire his hand as if it were a cannonball, leaving it connected to his arm by a thick chain that can then be rapidly winched back into place: if zeta grabs hold of something, that can hold his weight, he may also choose to pull himself up(alternatively he can just pull something to him).

Group: TBA
Orientation: Hero
Role: Heavy Armor[/sblock]

Remove ads