• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting(still)][CoC] Kuro's sick and twisted game

bruin

First Post
Fine with me. A cop would be a good way to get him into the game quicker than other character choices might allow; you could have the cop show up pretty much anywhere and have it work in terms of the storyline. Jim's just gonna have to think of some good ways to sidestep the career issues. :)

Master_Pugs

First Post
Yeah, I liked the cop idea for three reasons...

1: Easy to incorporate into game
2: Fun roleplaying challenges for me and you two as well
3: Female cops are... well... hot, but that may be just me

Oh, and it seams I won't be in until Monday and unfortunately, as far as my billet house, no dice so to speak... Pardon the delays.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Ahh home... well, here are my stats and a name... I'll go post them in the rg with a history and some more imbelishment later tonight and sit back and wait for Kuro to incorporate me!

Tanya LeMarche

Str: 13
Dex: 10
Con: 11
Int: 14
Wis: 11
Cha: 10

P.S. Rolled with 4d6 and just kept best three... I've never rolled so poorly in my life but I guess this is a kind of game where average is better then "Heroic"

*Edit, sorry, forgot name*

Last edited:

Master_Pugs

First Post
Hey now... 10 cha doesn't mean not hot... she's actually damn hot, she's just a little overbearing... and well... kind of a female dog if you catch my drift, but you'll have to see the char played before you really judge her... but my main point is that low cha doesn't mean ugly... My favourite char ever was an Elven Monk with 6 Cha... I specifically stated that he was physically attractive to the point of breathtaking until he looked at you with his completely emtionless and almost alien eyes... God I loved that char... :)

Thels

First Post
You're handing charisma wrong then. It represents attraction. If your appearance was enough to attract other people, you certainly wouldn't have a high charisma. One of the uses of charisma is singling yourself out in a crowd. You have lots of troubles drawing attention with a cha of 6.

bruin

First Post
Gah! Thels is EVERYWHERE! No place is safe...;)

Err, reading through the Charisma description, it represents a wide variety of things. I think it's up to everyone to decide which qualities they want to emphasize. You could have a dog-ugly person who is very persuasive, or a beautiful woman who's a b*tch, like he wants to do. I don't see what the problem is.

Edit: though I agree that someone with a low score like a 6 would have a lot less room to role-play it, and people with high scores would likely also be very good in every area. But someone with an average score has a lot of room to mess around with it.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
yeah, okay, 10 would be fine. You can be hot without having a high charisma, though you have to put some efford in it. But being beautiful with a charisma of 6 just won't cut it for me. Anyhow, anyone's free to play it how he/she wants, but keep in mind charisma is not only how you deal with people.

And you're right, I should unsubscribe this thread. Got subscribed when I posted in it at the very start of the thread.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Looking for kuro

Hey Thels, hows it going? Feel free to hang around if you wish.

Many years ago there was a new characteriestic introduced that measured attractiveness. It didn't last obviously.

My understanding of charisma is that it covers the ability to interact with and influence others, which covers quite a few things. Appearence is obviously a significant one. Like it or not, it is usually one of the first things that we notice. However, consider the great charismatic leaders - few of them were physically attractive.

It would be difficult to to have a beautilul person with a low charisma, I agree. From memory, 9 - 12 is considered the "ordinary" range. 10 would give MP no modifier to his attempts to influence others, so the characters appearence would have to be offset by her character to some degree. I am not so sure that being a b*tch would necessarily do this, as it suggests some force of personality.

Anyway ...

Hey Pugs, ordinarily I would say just do as kuro says and drop her into the story where you see fit. However, at the mo' we seem to be stuck in the moment so to speak.

Bruin, do you think we should just pull the characters out of the church. There is nothing we can do there without some kind of input from kuro. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do anywhere as well. Except perhaps get drunk at the bar. :p

bruin

First Post
We still have to check Bruder's mail. That's just as important a clue as the gimp himself. I've got a feeling that we aren't gonna get far though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads