• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rediscovery of the World - 4e (OOC)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Voda, whoa, that is a long background! Very good, the funny thing is, a couple of passages fit perectly with something I had in mind... did you hack my computer to read my notes? :D

Anyway, mechanically-wise: first of all, you built Zuia with a 22 point buy, if I'm not mistaken? Then you have three more points to spend, 'cause it should be 25 pb.
Also, would you link me the monk variant? I can't find it...
Anyway, it shouldn't take long to correct the sheet, so I'll post the first IC post anyway.

Redclaw

First Post
One more correction for Voda. You have a +1 feat bonus to your non-AC defenses, but the feat you took was Human Perseverance, which gives you a +1 bonus to saving throws.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Of course. I'm the kind of person that watches old martial arts crapy movies on tv hehe. I guess I enjoyed Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball too much.
But not as much as this guy!

It says: Does Mr Satan(Hercule I think they said to him in USA) travels on subway?

Atanatotatos

First Post
LOL!!
By the way, red, do you want your own token too? ^^ I picked a roguish one from the phb but I might put a Indiana Jones one in its place :D

Redclaw

First Post
This is the scene I think of with Isdar, [sblock]
Indiana-Jones-Raiders-Lost-Ark-1605.jpg
[/sblock]

But this is probably a better token.
[sblock]
indiana-jones-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-1-1024.jpg
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Awesome times.
Now I'll recruit next the first guy to come with a character inspired by Ash, possibly a warforged with an embedded bastard sword i one arm, and an embedded heavy crossbow in the other.... :D

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=DM only!]
Hi Ata, I know, this is maybe to late, but I think the group (espicially Malek) suffers from 3 strikers, one leader and no contoller or defender.

Playing a ranged only Striker in confined space feels like dodging behind the other charas, who move then away, to be in a better striking position.
And then, he sucks again :.-(

Would it be possible to change and playtest a homebrewed class?
My rationale would be, that the next strike hits Malek, he disappears stangely in a radiant flash and the other hear the hustled steps of the last group member.

Here is my homebrew. If you think it unbalanced beyond rescue, I would pledge you to change my character to a swordmage.

Student of the Gentle Way (Martial controller, Monk-like)
Role: Controller
Power Source: Martial
Key Abilities: Dex, Wis, Con

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged, shuriken
Implements: Quarterstaff, ki-straps, ?

Bonus to Defenses: +1 Fort, +1 Ref, +1 Will (like paladin)
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score (like rogue, better than standard controller, because he is melee range (see barbarian for other example)
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier
Trained Skills: Acrobatics. From the
class skills list below, choose four
more trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Athletics (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), History (Int), Insight (Wis), Perception (Wis)

Build Option: ?
Class Features: Weapon Implements, Nimble Warrior
(Weapons used as implements confer only their magix bonusses, not their proficiency bonus, damage die, etc.)

Weapon Implement Mastery
You specialize in the use of one kind of weapon implement to gain additional abilities when you wield it. Choose one of the following forms of implement mastery. You can only use this benefits, if you wear no, cloth- or leather armor.

Ki-Strap of Imposition: Once per encounter as a free action, you can use your Ki-Straps to gain one of the following two effects.
You can designate one creature you have used a GW power upon that has an effect that lasts until the subject succeeds on a saving throw. That creature takes a penalty to its saving throws against that effect equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Alternatively, you can choose to extend the duration of an effect created by a GW at-will exploit that would otherwise end at the end of your current turn. The effect instead ends at the end of your next turn.
You must wield Ki-Straps to use this ability.

Quarterstaff of Defense: A staff of defense grants you a +1 bonus to AC. In addition, once per encounter as an immediate interrupt, you gain a bonus to
defense against one attack equal to your Constitution modifier. You can declare the bonus after the Dungeon Master has already told you the damage total. You must wield your staff to benefit from these features.

? of Accuracy: Once per encounter as a free action, you gain a bonus to a single attack roll equal to your Strength modifier. You must wield your ? to benefit from this feature.

Nimble Warrior:
If you wear no armor or cloth armor, you get an extra +1 to both AC and Reflex.

At-Will Exploits
Gentle Blow GW Attack 1
With nothing more than a touch, you can inflict griveous wounds.
At-Will ✦ Martial, Implement
Standard Action Melee
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Dexterity modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2d8 + Dexterity modifier at 21st level.
Special: This power counts as a melee basic attack. When a power allows you to make a melee basic attack, you can use this power.

Sweeping Push GW Attack 1
You make a sweeping move, pushing your opponents away.
At-Will ✦ Martial, Implement
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Dexterity modifier at 21st level.

Dazing Strike GW Attack 1
You strike a nerve point of your opponent, dazing him.
Encounter ✦ Martial, Psychic, Implement
Standard Action Melee
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d8 + Dexterity modifier psychic damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Stunning Fist GW Attack 1
You use the famous Stunning Fist of the Gentle Way.
Daily ✦ Implement, Psychic, Sleep
Standard Action melee
Target: one creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. Will
Hit: 3d4 + Dexterity modifier psychic damage and the target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its first saving throw against this power, the target becomes unconscious (save ends).
Miss: No damage and the target is slowed (save ends).

Abundant Step GW Utility 2
Your form blurs as you hastily withdraw from the battlefield.
Daily ✦ Martial
Move Action Personal
Effect: Shift up to twice your speed.

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads