• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Refreshing sorcery with a short rest. How would you do it?

I think it would be more interesting to roll the die closest to sorcerer's level (round down) to determine the # of sorcerer points recovered. On average you should be pretty close to half the level, but it adds some spice to it. The sorcerer will always get at least 1 SP, but sometimes you could win big (and maybe have an inspiration point be worth advantage on the roll....).

This appears to be fun! I'll ask the player if he's willing to try a random recovery variant, but I'm not sure. He's the kind of guy who's always complaining about his dice... :D

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
This appears to be fun! I'll ask the player if he's willing to try a random recovery variant, but I'm not sure. He's the kind of guy who's always complaining about his dice... :D

You could do the die roll + proficiency bonus. It's a modest bump that would make it hurt a lot less if the player rolled a Nat 1 on his recovery roll.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads