• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Regeneration

aurellius

First Post
Regeneration states that you take subdual damage from sources that are not listed.

Subdual states that when your subdual total exceeds your regular hit points that you take real damage.

So if you regen like a troll for instance with 70 hp and you get beat with 150 damage in a round from a non bypassing source......

Are you Dead?

or

Have a Subdual total of 150 and still 70 hp?

Thanks

Marcus

Last edited:

DarkJester

First Post
It says that? I thought i just said you get knocked out when your subdual > than normal hit points.

I'm pretty sure in your example your still alive.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Subdual states that when your subdual total exceeds your regular hit points that you take real damage.
Actually, it doesn't. No matter how much subdual damage you take, it never turns into lethal damage.

A troll can't be killed by any damage except fire or acid. If he gets nailed by an ueber-epic Ping of Doom for 93,000,000 points of sonic damage, he's still only unconscious, and will probably wake up within ten minutes. (Of course he'll still be staggered until his subdual total is less than his hit points, which might take two or three years.)

Dr. Zoom

First Post
aurellius said:
No, it says that when your subdual total exceeds your current hit points, you fall unconscious. Check the PH, page 135. :D

kreynolds

First Post
AuraSeer said:
(Of course he'll still be staggered until his subdual total is less than his hit points, which might take two or three years.)

This is the part that confuses me. If you have 80 hit points, and you take 79 points of subdual damage, you're fine. What about 80 points of subdual? Are you then staggered? What about 81? Are you then unconsious? The way I understand it, being staggered is a very small window. Could someone help clear this up for me?

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

This is the part that confuses me. If you have 80 hit points, and you take 79 points of subdual damage, you're fine. What about 80 points of subdual? Are you then staggered? What about 81? Are you then unconsious? The way I understand it, being staggered is a very small window. Could someone help clear this up for me?

AFAIK, that is right. Staggered is very small window.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
AFAIK, that is right. Staggered is very small window.

The why would he "still be staggered until his subdual total is less than his hit points, which might take two or three years." when you are only staggered while your subdual damage exactly equals your current hit points?
eek7.gif

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

The why would he "still be staggered until his subdual total is less than his hit points, which might take two or three years." when you are only staggered while your subdual damage exactly equals your current hit points?

Maybe you actually don't become unconscience, you just become staggered. :confused:

Caliban

Rules Monkey
kreynolds said:

PHB, page 135, Staggered and Unconscious.

When your subdual damage exactly equals your hit points, you are staggered.

When it exceeds your current hit points, you are unconscious.

Each full minute (10 rounds) that you are unconscious, you have a 10% chance to wake up and be staggered until your hit points exceed your subdual damage again.

PHB, page 135, Healing Subdual Damage

You heal subdual damage at the rate of 1 point per hour per character level.

When a spell or a magical power cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of subdual damage, if any.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads