Resurrection City III: The Breconshire Horrors

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
JimAde said:
"Have you got a key?"
Langan smirks. "I come prepared," he says, pulling a key from his pocket. He steps along the pathway past an old well and walks towards the front door, extending his key. "Now let's see what we've got here."

The door swings open to a sparsely furnished foyer. A healthy crop of dust covers the surfaces of what furniture is there. The entire place has a musty smell to it. Langan grimaces. "Rather unkept place we have here."

Make some Spot checks (DC 18).

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Diggory takes out his revolver, loading it. "Ye'll fergive me if I'm a wee bit paranoid, Mr. Langan. I've had a rough run of it lately, and I prefer to be safe."

[Spot check against DC 18, roll of 9 on d20, +6 skilled, total 15, failure]

JimAde

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Diggory takes out his revolver, loading it. "Ye'll fergive me if I'm a wee bit paranoid, Mr. Langan. I've had a rough run of it lately, and I prefer to be safe."
Smiling, Trevor offers, "Since you're so well prepared, inspector, why don't you go first?"

[OOC:Spot roll 13 + 0 = 13. Fail]

Jarval

Explorer
"Hmm." Richard says thoughtfully, looking around. "It certainly doesn't look like anyone's been in here recently. Or smell like it, for that matter. A shame to see a house like this fall into disrepair."

A thought occurs to Richard, and he looks to Langan.

"Who now owns the house and estate?"

(OoC: Spot check: 17 (roll) + 0 (Wis) = 17)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Langan looks over at Diggory somewhat apprehensively. "Understood."

Jarval said:
"Who now owns the house and estate?"
"Right now, Uncle John's solicitor in London, a fellow by the name of Adrian Phelps, though Phelps was instructed to pass it to me, should I want it. Which is another reason for my trip out here. I wanted to see what we're dealing with here."

He looks through one of the windows. "As it's getting towards dusk, perhaps we'd better work out sleeping arrangements. Will we all be sleeping here in the house?"

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

In response to Baron Walsingham...
"Delighted, Baron." Diggory moves in first.

In response to Langan...
"Will we be sleeping in the house?" Diggory repeats the question quietly, his mind turning back to Pellgraine Manor. "If everyone wants to sleep in the house, then we might as well, but if there's one of us that doesn't want to be sleepin' here, then I suggest we all find alternate quarters."

JimAde

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
In response to Baron Walsingham...
"Delighted, Baron." Diggory moves in first.

In response to Langan...
"Will we be sleeping in the house?" Diggory repeats the question quietly, his mind turning back to Pellgraine Manor. "If everyone wants to sleep in the house, then we might as well, but if there's one of us that doesn't want to be sleepin' here, then I suggest we all find alternate quarters."
Walsingham sighs. "I wish we had planned a bit better," he says dabbing at his nose with a handkerchief. "I don't relish sleeping in all this dust. It'll do my sinuses a fright."

Jarval

Explorer
"Perhaps we should examine the house further before making any decisions as to where we sleep." Richard suggests. "For example, if the disrepair extends to the roof, we might find it offers us little cover should it start to rain."

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
"Eminently practical, as always," Trevor agrees. "Let's be about it." He heads off into the house in search of stairs up.

Old Fezziwig

Diggory follows Walsingham, poking his head into rooms, just to make sure that everything's okay. "We have a tendency to end up poking through old houses and manors, don't we?"

Remove ads