D&D 5E Return to The Temple of Elemental Evil - (full, at the moment)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Was wondering about that last point, actually. Planning to have Rana put in a question about it once we're back to just us.

No trouble being patient for some good role play . I'll wait :)

Shayuri

First Post
Dogmen have the disadvantage that they look like werewolves too, kinda. :)

But yeah, goblins don't exactly seem super threatening at first. Aridha has some hard lessons ahead of her.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Yes, this all feels reminiscent of a IRL session that is all RP/planning then shopping for the gear you wish to take, and near the end of the night finally putting your first foot on the road towards the adventure. I just have to learn that in PBP it takes a lot longer to play through.

Reminds me, besides selling off the starting gear your character doesn't need/want. Everyone should start thinking about "party gear" and no I don't mean pointy hats and balloons. I mean things that will get used by the whole party or benefit everyone, probably to start with some small things, tents, cooking utensils, extra common clothes, etc.

Also reminds me, man where is my head. Does anyone know what the total HP of the party is ?? It is 133 - and you all are only second lvl -when I did my combat sheet it looks like all the warrior types went way up in HP, and all the support characters got a small boost. Looks like the rolling wasn't so bad over all, juat bad for a few individually. It will even out as we play.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Dogmen have the disadvantage that they look like werewolves too, kinda. :)

But yeah, goblins don't exactly seem super threatening at first. Aridha has some hard lessons ahead of her.

I'm sure she will be a fast learner. I'm glad I get a front row seat to the journey. Now for me I just need to start helping with some of the others. But there is plenty of time - years in fact lol.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thought I did, maybe I was thinking of the answer and never posted it. From the way he answered about the wood everyone believes that is his only concern. But the woodsman might want "all the nasties" to be "dead-like".

EarlyBird

Explorer
Heads up everyone. This part of the adventure is really really heavy into the RP/Getting to know the town.

We are playing the first part of T-1 The Village of Hommlet. In that printing the town got 20 pages of the 27 page module. The dungeon got the other 7 pages. The thick booklet I have (that has seen better days), has the adventure almost word for word, with a bit more background fluff of the world, since they developed a lot of Greyhawk between releases.

So I hope this doesn't take tooooooooooo loooonnnnngggg, but we may be in town for at least a bit, just wanted to let you all know.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Heads up everyone. This part of the adventure is really really heavy into the RP/Getting to know the town.

We are playing the first part of T-1 The Village of Hommlet. In that printing the town got 20 pages of the 27 page module. The dungeon got the other 7 pages. The thick booklet I have (that has seen better days), has the adventure almost word for word, with a bit more background fluff of the world, since they developed a lot of Greyhawk between releases.

So I hope this doesn't take tooooooooooo loooonnnnngggg, but we may be in town for at least a bit, just wanted to let you all know.

[sblock=OOC]
The locket was left in the room. These are good trusting folk around here.
The Westwood starts about 200 yards past Rana's house and is a couple miles wide (E/W) and 4-5 miles long (N/S)[/sblock]

You could hasten things up by posting major NPCs or interesting points in town and we each decide what to visit and whether we go as a group. That will enable the group to a) cover more ground faster b) have different relationships with NPCs - local witch for example might drink tea and discuss herbs and curses with Rana...or may mix herbs and throw curses against her (or both :) )

If we go as a group, thieves guild will not show itself (assuming this little town has one and that they aren't already with Rebecca :))

Remove ads