D&D 5E Revising Classic Settings

My father sometimes sees it, but I feel unconfortable when I think about the horrible things happening in the real world, but that serie shouldn't be cancelled. I trust nobody who tries fixing everything with new rules, orders or banning because he doesn't hope free citizen to do the right actions when you explain the reasons.

Some animes not only show slavery but even some main character sidekics are former slaves themself, even children.

There was a episode of the legendary journeys of Hercules about slavery with Lucy Liu.

Should I ask to cancel movies about pirates? My land was victim of pirates and slaver trafickers. Some weeks ago I read about fishers in Almeria, Sourth-East Spanish coast, almost catched by Frenchs...to be sold as slaves in the north of Morocco. The coasts of my land being attacked by Otoman pirates to catch slaves. But Hollywood movies don't tell about pirates as slavery traffickers.
What the heck are you going on about, bro?
Nobody is cancelling anything. Or saying that you can’t ever have pirates or slaves again. No one’s gonna to take your rapey TV shows away from you.

But if Wizards is going to make a campaign setting designed to appeal to the largest possible audience they’re probably not going to include sexual assault or lottsa slavery or historically accurate pirates. Because that stuff is upsetting to some people. And it’s not very PG-13.

They only plan to publish two more classic campaigns. And if their choices are a campaign that includes content that makes heavy and regular use of an adult subject that makes a biggly number of people squirm or one that doesn’t make people squirm, then why the flip would they choose the first one?

That’s not cancelling.
That’s capitalism.

A family-friendly TV-Show can show slavery as something to be reported. Are we going to cancel old movies of sword and sandal because there are slaves?

There is a Western isekai saga, The Guardians of the Flame, about a group of students from the real life playing a RPG and they travel to a fantasy world, and one of the main threads is the defense of the freedome against the slavery.

Last edited:

Ban Kender!!! I hate retcons and reboots, might make an exception for Kender.
In all seriousness, if I was rebooting Dragonlance I'd retcon kender to be eternal-child trickster fey, a bit in the Peter Pan mold.

And then all the Dragonlance grognards would rise up in their thousands to murder me, which is why any reboot should be done by someone with a deep and abiding love for the setting, rather than someone like me who's reasonably familiar with it but not particularly emotionally attached.

Dioltach

Legend
In all seriousness, if I was rebooting Dragonlance I'd retcon kender to be eternal-child trickster fey, a bit in the Peter Pan mold.

And then all the Dragonlance grognards would rise up in their thousands to murder me....
Are you sure? I don't know anyone who thought they were such a brilliant idea. Me, I'd be quite happy if the Cataclysm were retconned as the gods' combined attempt to rid Krynn of every last kender.

A family-friendly TV-Show can show slavery as something to be reported. Are we going to cancel old movies of sword and sandal because there are slaves?

To summarize. Your argument is that it's okay to have slavery now because some show from twenty-five years ago had slavery and no one got upset.
That it's okay to make African Americans uncomfortable now because of a show made back in the day, when having opening gay characters on TV was still iffy so they based the entire spin-off around queerbaiting.
There is a Western isekai saga, The Guardians of the Flame, about a group of students from the real life playing a RPG and they travel to a fantasy world, and one of the main threads is the defense of the freedome against the slavery.

And big helping of rape as well, judging by reviews.

Whatever you enjoy reading, bro. That's dandy. Not gonna judge. But repeating, Wizards has two campaigns left. Two. And ten or eleven campaign worlds to choose from.
Which would you have them make? The campaigns that would upset many fans and make people uncomfortable. Or the campaigns that wouldn't run against the community they're trying to grow and the audience they want to support.

Do you want Wizards to make players feel uncomfortable or welcome?

Remove ads