• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rift: Planes of Telara (new MMO)

RigaMortus2

First Post
First, some links:

RIFT - Home

Vidoes (definately check them all out)

RIFT - Videos

If that's peaked your interested, check out YouTube for content posted from E3 and beta...

Now... This MMO looks pretty awesome. It is gaining a lot of attention quickly. Will it be the next so-called "WoW killer"? The graphics and originality of it are impressive.

And yes, it looks like it ahem "borrowed" a lot from WoW. I mean, most MMOs (or RPGs in general) nowadays have talent trees and such, but damn these took close to WoW.

However, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and if it isn't broken, why fix it? There are still some original ideas in this game that might push it to truly be the next generation of MMO and one that future games borrow from.

From the people who have played the beta, everyone tells me this game is so polished and biascally finished, they could launch it today and it would be ready to go (although the current ETA is March 2011).

One other interesting tidbit...

Palladium Books v. Trion Worlds Inc. Rifts Trademark Case Resolved! | LivingDice.com

Forums of the Megaverse® • View topic - Palladium Books® vs. Trion Worlds

ancientvaults

Explorer
Thank you for posting this, it looks pretty cool. I am a LotRO junkie, so tearing myself away from that would be hard, but I love those mounts and the action looks to be as seamless as LotRO. The manga sword was a bit cheesy, but the other 99% looked pretty darned awesome. I will need to sign up for that beta, I think.

Vindictus looks good too. The video is almost a blur of activity. Try the videos here, not the bikini snowball fight one.

As for the Palladium incident: the Palladium crowd are even more rabid than the "the latest edition of D&D is so much better than everything before it!" crowd.

Last edited:

Remove ads