RIFTS - Treasures of Tolkeen (Recruiting)

Douane

First Post
Thanks!

I figured it's be pre-destruction (being shot on sight for rummaging through the ruins doesn't make for much of an adventure) but I wanted to make sure.

It also means I'll have to alter Tara's background a bit because Free Quebec is still firm in the Coalition camp. :mad:

Rhun

First Post
Hey airwalkrr, I think I am going to withdraw from this game. I'm having a hard time coming up with any decent concepts, and I am also going to be starting new PCs in a couple of other games around here.

Thanks for the opportunity! If you are looking for replacements or new players down the road, let me know. :D

airwalkrr

Adventurer
No problem, Rhun. No sense over committing.

So thus far we have the following players:

WarShrike
Douane, Glitter Girl
jpwic, Combay Cyborg

I would be willing to take on another one or two players if anyone else is still interested. Feel free to start working on your characters and post them so I can look them over.

Here's a quick little teaser for the campaign.

We've all heard the legends about the Golden Age of Man. Stories about a time when man was the only intelligent creature to walk the Earth. A time when D-Bees, mutants, psychics, and mages were all simply the things of fairy tales. It sounds unbelievable, I know. But many people seem to think it's true. And one thing they all say about those days is that technology ruled. There wasn't a thing mankind couldn't do with the devices and gadgets devised in that era. They had power armor that would put some of the best CS pieces of junk to shame, weapons that made Northern Gun look like a toy manufacturer, and other things that, well, seemed to defy space and time itself.

Now I've heard some old sages say that devices of the latter kind is what caused the The Great Cataclysm. They say scientists were messing with things they shouldn't have been. And when one of them tried to use these devices as a weapon, all hell broke loose. Don't know if I believe it myself. But if I were the adventuring type, Tolkeen is the first place I'd look. A mystic with pretty awesome divinatory powers once told me that Minnesota is where a lot of that stuff was created back in the Golden Age. It's said that somewhere near, or possibly under, Tolkeen is a hidden cache of artifacts so extraordinary, it would make the top scientific heads at Chi-Town explode.

Why did she tell me this? Same reason I'm telling you now; good way to pass the time and get a free drink. How did she know it? Like I said, she had a special talent. She could see into the past as well as the future. Why do I believe her? Well, I guess it was that look in her eyes, the kind of sincerity you don't hardly see any more. But if you don't wanna take my word for it, I'd go visit with a fella named Gar in Tolkeen. Rumor is, he's actually seen one of these space-time altering devices and lived to tell about it. If he doesn't convince ya, well, I got nothin' else to say.

GMVictory

Explorer
Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yea, that is a pretty lame set, GMVictory. If you like a challenge, then feel free to keep it, but if you would like to re-roll that is fine as well. Since a majority of XP in Rifts is awarded for roleplay however, a challenge might give you more opportunities for XP (and more opportunities for fun). Note that rogue scholars get +1 to IQ and +2 to MA in UE. If you were to simply take the minimum IQ (10), then add the +5 to MA, on top of your base score and OCC bonus, that would give you a 16, which is just high enough to be exceptional (giving you a 40% chance to invoke trust or intimidate others). It's something to think about.

Douane, I had forgotten you emailed your char sheet. I will take a look at it and shoot you back a reply. (I don't check my email very often.)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Alright, just checked my email and I didn't see any actual character sheet, just the write-up for the glitter girl. Also, I never got an answer about whether or not the glitter girl had a different suit from the glitter boy or if it was just a female variant glitterboy pilot.

Remove ads