RIP Jim Holloway

Nebulous

Legend
Oh no!

This has been the WORST year.

His D&D art was good, but I can't believe no one yet has mentioned his art for early Paranoia; he practically defined that game for me.
yes, he sure did. I regret that I never had the pleasure to play that, although I bought some version of it years and years ago.

Michael O'Brien

Hero
Publisher
Chaosium mourns the passing of renowned RPG artist James Holloway. In amongst the memorable work he did for Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon Magazine, Paranoia, and many other titles, was his beautiful cover art for Savage Mountains, a supplement for Chaosium's King Arthur Pendragon RPG. Jim Holloway's art helped spark gamers' imaginations for decades, and he leaves a lasting legacy. Our condolences go to his family and friends—Chaosium Inc.

Eis

Explorer
Oh no!

This has been the WORST year.

His D&D art was good, but I can't believe no one yet has mentioned his art for early Paranoia; he practically defined that game for me.
yeah his name always brought images of Paranoia to my head, I loved that artwork so much, it totally captured the game for me

RIP

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
He also did much of the art in the Desert of Desolation series. His illustrations really helped with conveying the flavor of the modules. He will be missed...

1593640298530.png

Remove ads