• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue/Barbarian sneak attack while raging?

WizarDru

Adventurer
Corwin the Confused said:
We have two conflicting view of what Skip has said in this thread. So, please no remembering of what Skip told you on an e-mail in a not so distant galaxy.

Yes, and if you'll remember, I told you that Skip has a tendency to give off the cuff answers, and has given conflicting answers on more than one occasion. Further, his answers aren't anything more than recommendations...unless they see print, they haven't been run by the R&D council, who finalizes such rulings. In other words, it's holds no more weight than say, Caliban, who I tend to defer to when rules knowledge comes into question.

That said, why do you want to know what he thinks? The designers disagree amongst each other over many issues, as can be expected over such a complex project with so many facets. Monte, Skip, Bruce and Sean disagree over a variety of points, so it's possible you'll never get an official consensus over what they felt, as they didn't all agree.

WizarDru,
If you dismiss Skip's opinions so, what should we on the board think of your opinions? Is the water of Malvern, PA embued with some potion of omnipotence?

I simply want to know. And if that is not enough for you perhaps you can find another thread.

Last edited:

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
All Wizardru is saying is the Sages opinion holds no more weight than anyone elses on this issue until it is official. The Sage has often made contradictory rulings on several issues, and on some issues simply stupid rulings. For example, back when Sword & Fist first came out, the Halfling Outrider had been printed without a BAB progression.

Wanting to know what the actual progression of the Halfling Riders BAB was, e-mails were sent to the Sage. His response? "The Halfling Outrider has no BAB". It was at that point several people stopped really caring what the Sage had to say on an issue, including me. When the official errata came out, of course, the Halfling Outriders BAB progression was included. Apparently they did have a BAB progression after all. :rolleyes:

kreynolds

First Post
MasterOfHeaven said:
All Wizardru is saying is the Sages opinion holds no more weight than anyone elses on this issue until it is official.

So...if nobody's opinion holds any weight until something is official...then...why are we here?

Last edited:

MasterOfHeaven said:
It amazes me how you can look at "holds no more weight than anyone elses opinion" and suddenly think that it says "holds no weight at all". :rolleyes:

Do you really expect us to believe that you think everyones opinoin is equal?

Last edited:

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
Corwin the Confused said:

Do you really expect us to believe that you think everyones opinoin is equal?

I don't expect you to "believe" anything. I simply stated the fact I hold the Sages opinion in no higher regard than anyone elses, and explained the reasons why. The Sage has frequently made contradictory rulings, and several downright bizzare rulings.

I am not going to judge someones opinions by the title they hold, I'm going to judge their opinion based on the quality of the rulings they make and the logic they use to back them up. The Sage falls short on both of these measuring sticks, in my opinion.

I generally hold Calibans opinion on rulings in higher regard than others because he backs up his opinions with logic and a good understanding of the rules, something I haven't seen the Sage consistently do.

Just for clarification,

Everyones opinion is equal, unless the logic of their rulings appeals to you. If you like their opinions then their opinions have more weight. I think that this is human nature.

BTW, this is so far off the subject. Can we please get back to the logic behind a RAGING and SNEAK ATTACKING ROGUE/BARBARIAN.

Remove ads