D&D General Rogue/fighter

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
Been having fun with a Phantom Rogue/Rune Knight Fighter. Wails from the Grave and Cloud Rune give you some chances to mess the enemy up with 'no, you get hit.' With a feat I get Green Flame Blade and can potentially hit 4 targets. With fighting style I took Sweeping Attack (yes, I know it's a weak choice) but I can hit one target with a sneak attack, sweep attack a 1d6 to a second, green flames to a 3rd and use Wails on a fourth. not a lot of damage but you can disrupt a caster, hit a hard to get target, and scare the 9 hells out of the enemy.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Swashbuckler rogue is a bit more fightery than other rogues.

But tbh just multiclass. 3 levels of fighter on a swashbuckler rogue, take battlemaster, get extra superiority dice via fighting style and feats if you want, definitely take riposte (a more reliable reaction attack really helps a rogue dish out large amounts of damage) and precise attack.

corwyn77

Adventurer
Swashbuckler rogue is a bit more fightery than other rogues.

But tbh just multiclass. 3 levels of fighter on a swashbuckler rogue, take battlemaster, get extra superiority dice via fighting style and feats if you want, definitely take riposte (a more reliable reaction attack really helps a rogue dish out large amounts of damage) and precise attack.
I don't know; that character might actually leverage Champion well. Roughly one attack out of 5 is a crit (using the Aim feature from Tasha's) on all those SA dice. I'm just hitting level 8 with a Swashbuckler with Booming Blade and deciding if it's worth giving up my level 9 charm and my level 10 Reliable Talent and 1 to 3 SA. At level 12, where we're liable to end up, that's a crit of 16 d6/d8.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don't know; that character might actually leverage Champion well. Roughly one attack out of 5 is a crit (using the Aim feature from Tasha's) on all those SA dice. I'm just hitting level 8 with a Swashbuckler with Booming Blade and deciding if it's worth giving up my level 9 charm and my level 10 Reliable Talent and 1 to 3 SA. At level 12, where we're liable to end up, that's a crit of 16 d6/d8.
Yeah for sure. I did a swashbuckler/vengeance Paladin for a oneshot and she absolutely wrecked on her fairly frequent crits.

Edit: Forgot to mention the level of Hexblade. Hexblades Curse and Oath of Emnity May take two rounds to have both up, but against a big frack-off dragon god, it’s pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Remove ads