"Role" Call - What Brings You Here?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I was told there would be cake.
Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I first arrived when Eric Noah was still running the place and I was using the leaked info in the D&D campaign I happened to be starting at the time. I eventually became a mod and when arguing about rules got tiring (it still is) I was all about the Story Hour forum. I also established the IRON DM competitions! Eventually I went to grad school, and my time here dwindled and then when my PhD program started I had no campaign and no reason to come here (esp. after my one try of 4E really turned me off). That was around 2009.

While I poked my head in occasionally in the intervening years (half a dozen times at most), and played in a D&D campaign from late 2012 to mid-2016, I did not come back as a regular poster until late 2019 or early 2020 when I was convinced by a friend in the city my wife and had just moved to (Pittsburgh! - she grew up here) to start up a new D&D game and I jumped into 5E with the core books (still mostly stick to those).

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I come for D&D/RPG news and columns, stay for the mostly non D&D discussions about books folks are reading, celebrities and sublebreties dying, and various music threads

Remove ads