• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Round 2 is OVER

Greylock

First Post
OK, I'll accept that. But Deflect Arrows is strictly a flavor feat, something for just the coolness of the image. And the image is very monk-specific. It doesn't belong on the feat list.

DM_Fiery_Fist

First Post
Combat Reflexes

In my experience, this feat is only useful against stupid creatures or things that happen to be fleeing. A clever combatant can avoid attacks of opportunity with ease, and unless your foes are using some strange tactical maneuver (such as sending a heavily armored guy to draw an AoO and then allowing a lightly armored guy to move past), it's not that good. Furthermore, you only receive a number of additional attacks equal to your Dexterity bonus.

Last edited:

geflin

First Post
Diligent

i vote for the removal of DILIGENT... just cause the very name sounds sucky and lame... i've never read it, nor do i have any idea what it does... so that gets my vote... i almost voted for FORGE RING just so i wouldn't have to see peter jacksons face at movie previews anymore, but hey, with no ring, there'd be no golom... so DILIGENT it is... :)

ackron

First Post
DEFT HANDS [GENERAL]

Same reason as before (of all the +2/+2 skill feats, this one is the worst, but they should all probably be tossed off).

Gotta disagree on Combat Reflexes by the way, that feat+enlarge person+reach weapon is terrific. No one can move within a 20 ft radius without getting attacked. I have had characters take 5 attacks a round at 4th level using that combination. Throw in Improved Trip, and you just win.

Technik4

First Post
Simple Weapon Proficiency.

Honestly, you either multiclass with a fighting class/PrC if you are going to actually use the weapons or you just take Exotic and get a better weapon.

Technik

Insight

Adventurer
I'm torn between Simple Weapons Proficiency and Eschew Materials. I can see the need for having Simple Weapons for completeness, so I'll throw my vote for Eschew Materials. My reasoning here is that a lot of campaigns don't bother with material components, or at least only worry about the really expensive ones.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads