• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Book Club (Now with contest!!)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Crothian said:
Contest: I have selected what the June book will be. If someone can guess it I will buy them a free copy of the PDF. One guess per person. Guesses must be made before Friday Midnight EST. I will announce the winner when I get back from New York and get that person a free copy of the PDF. First person to guess it wins, so don't guess what someone else has already guessed. If I see someone has guessed it early I will end the contest and declare that person the winner.

Err. . . there are literally hundreds of RPG products that meet the criteria for your Book Club. Guessing completely at random given the potential list of candidates is pretty unlikely to produce a winner for the contest. I mean, thias might as well be "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 500. Can you guess which one?" -- that said, I'm guessing Keep on the Shadowfells ;)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I think it should be like 20 questions.
Is it WOTC?
No.
Is it 3.x?
Yes.
Just a suggestion. :) I am kinda interested in this cause I'm always looking forward to increasing my collection with interesting rpgs. Ug, I'm not even gonna bother guessing. I don't really know that many books which came out recently... :(

Crothian

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Err. . . there are literally hundreds of RPG products that meet the criteria for your Book Club. Guessing completely at random given the potential list of candidates is pretty unlikely to produce a winner for the contest. I mean, thias might as well be "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 500. Can you guess which one?" -- that said, I'm guessing Keep on the Shadowfells ;)

There are hints. They just aren't obvious. Like in the first post when I say that popular books like the 4e PHB and Keep on the Shadowlands will not be ones. ;)

Crothian

First Post
Nellisir said:
I'm interested, but my budget's pretty tight (I mean, -really- pretty tight) right now. So ideally, whatever we pick is under $10, or under $20 and either universal or 3.5/OGL applicable.

Or make it something I already own. ;)

It is not an expensive book. I know many of us are buying the 4e core rules in June so I went with something on the inexpensive side. THe PDF is less then $10 and the book is less then $20.

See, hints all around. :D

Crothian

First Post
hornedturtle said:
Is it the 4ed players handbook?

No, see first post where I listed this specifically as one the book club is not going to do. Enough people are going to be talking about this here and everywhere so the Book Club is going to go with something less known.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Brilliant, Crothian! I'm probably down for this. Raising the awareness of "lesser known" books is a GREAT idea.

That said, I don't think I'll speculate on what the first one could be. Any of the ENnies are probably pretty good bets on some high quality gaming, though. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads